Home

Does everyone else play NCAA 2004 like this?

This is a discussion on Does everyone else play NCAA 2004 like this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
Does everyone else play NCAA 2004 like this?

I make all of my audibles passing plays out of different formations. As long as it's a reasonable 1st and 2nd down distance, I choose a running play. If they defense then shows blitz, I audible to one of the pass plays and throw. Each of my pass play audibles has at least one post pattern and the WR beats the CB nearly everytime. I routinely throw for 350+ yards playing 12 minute quarters on Jistic's Heisman sliders ( I never interrupt cut scenes and the number of plays works out to very realistic NCAA numbers every game). I hope 2005 has some adjustments that won't make the post patterns versus the blitz nearly unstoppable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2004, 10:59 PM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Does everyone else play NCAA 2004 like this?

nope, I only call audibles when I'm really in trouble.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:04 PM   #3
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
nope, I only call audibles when I'm really in trouble.

same here, i only call them if i call a running play outside to a side the D is overloaded on. Usually only when I have a twin set and they are in zone so they have an unblocked OLB and CB out there. but usually i don't get into the audibles. i know a lot of people who play this or Madden wo really rely on them though.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I almost never call audibles...I rarely even use hot routes unless I see one of my receivers in a 1 on 1 situation.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #5
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7

I usually on use audibles when there are 8 in the box when I have a run play called or when I see the two safties walk up I switch to a pass play since there will be man coverage on atleast 1 reciever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 01:12 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

. Each of my pass play audibles has at least one post pattern and the WR beats the CB nearly everytime. I routinely throw for 350+ yards playing 12 minute quarters on Jistic's Heisman sliders

Wheres the fun in that?
Old 05-10-2004, 02:03 AM   #7
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Yes and no. I use my audibles the same way, but only audible if my run has no chance. 'I' Formation 'Angle' is my audible of choice. Where I differ from you is that I use Ochoco's coaching strategy. I create a coach for the team before I play them and adjust their offensive and defensive strategies to suit them. For example, Kansas State is known for aggressive defense and I put their aggressive rating at 8. There is a good chance I can burn them deep, but, then again, I can get sacked more as well. If I play a team with an aggressive rating of 4, then I hardly ever have a chance to burn them deep. That is a game that I have to nickel and dime them to death, or get blown out. It makes every game different and I like that.

. . . so, yes and no.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:57 AM   #8
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I try to avoid doing it but sometimes I take advantage of it. I wish the cpu did a better job of hiding the presnap read. And the fact that they are psychic doesn't help either. It seems everytime i come out in a run the safeties creep up. everytime i come out in a pass they stay back. Its kind of aggrevating so sometimes i just audible from a run to a slant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »