Home

Suggestion for the small school prestige problem

This is a discussion on Suggestion for the small school prestige problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2004, 05:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Suggestion for the small school prestige problem

Quote:

I think that would actually be a great idea.

After about 3 or 4 seasons at MTSU, i was routinely landing 5 star players from FLorida, New York, PA, etc. In real life, it's dang near impossible for MTSU to land those players under any circumstance. I know i could handicap myself, but thats no fun.

I do think you'd have to have some way to turn it on and off, or perhaps fine tune the conference realignment system where if you had a school that had some amazing 6-7 year run, a larger conference would come knocking at the door (which is realistic), and then you could up your prestige level.

Its a good idea, but would probably be tough to implement and alot of folks would be turned off by it.

that was in the game for 04, the ability to move up in conference. i remember being Hawaii and i got invited to the Pac-10 in place of Arizona....
Old 05-10-2004, 05:31 PM   #10
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

hat was in the game for 04, the ability to move up in conference. i remember being Hawaii and i got invited to the Pac-10 in place of Arizona....

Yeah, but it was far too easy. In my 6th season, i was in the SEC with a sunbelt school.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:40 PM   #11
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

i think that an easy way to solve the problem is make the prestige more exact. i mean the presitge level is only 6 diferent possibilities. I say add 1/4 stars so that there are 24 different levels. What you could do is something like +1/4 star for back to back wining seasons, and have the bowls ranked in prestige so if a team wins the axa liberty bowl wont go up the same amount as the team who wins the rose bowl or even not as much as the outback bowl.
also the team style needs some changing for recuiting because lets face it in real life a big power back wont want to be in a flexbone style offense or a good fullback wont want to go to a spread offense team
thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Here's what I think should be done. First make the prestige go on a scale of 1-10, that way there would be more differentiation between what would be a 4-star Alabama team and a 4-star East Carolina team. Second, make the prestige less focused on year by year results, and more by history. They should focus on the SOS. If you go 8-3 but only beat Sun Belt teams and lose your bowl game then you're prestige shouldn't go up at all. Now if you string together 5 straight 8-3 seasons then yeah it'd go up, but only 1 star (being on the 1-10 scale). Also they need to make it harder for historic teams to drop in prestige. I don't know how many times I've seen 5 years into the dynasty Alabama or Iowa at the 1 star level on my coaching offers menu. No matter what happens, I doubt that Alabama would be bad of a university, even if they had 10 straight losing seasons. They'd still be a historic university.

So really I don't think there is a need to make limitations on how prestigous a university is. If they just make the raising/lowering of prestige more strict and make more differentiation between teams then I think it would cure the 5-star North Texas and 1-star Arkansas teams 5-10 years into a dynasty.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:40 AM   #13
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

I think you make some very valid points and very workable, possible solutions. I get turned off by the game when I grab a one star school and as long as I win I can generally get it to a powerhouse in a a very short time. Makes it boring....
Old 05-11-2004, 12:05 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I say add conference prestige. A range of 1-4 should do.
Sun Belt=1
WAC,MAC,=2
MWC, Conf USA=3
BIG 6 conferences=4
Independents would be their prestige x 1.5

So Ohio state would be a 6* +4=10*
North Texas could get to 6* prestige but because they are in the Sun Belt they would be a 7* total. Unless they move up to a better conference
Old 05-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #15
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:

LAbuckeye said:
I say add conference prestige. A range of 1-4 should do.
Sun Belt=1
WAC,MAC,=2
MWC, Conf USA=3
BIG 6 conferences=4
Independents would be their prestige x 1.5

So Ohio state would be a 6* +4=10*
North Texas could get to 6* prestige but because they are in the Sun Belt they would be a 7* total. Unless they move up to a better conference

i think that is a pretty good idea
except that duke would be a 7 and they are not close to this in real life but i would like the conference to play a big roll
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »