Home

Only 64 Days Away Until The Greatest Game Ever

This is a discussion on Only 64 Days Away Until The Greatest Game Ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #17
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Only 64 Days Away Until The Greatest Game Ever

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

TayDiddy3 said:
I can not wait for this game....HFA, transfers, match up stick, and they if can incorporate some sort of AD Mode(similiar to Owner Mode in Madden) it maybe the greatest sports game of all time

Why does everyone want Owner Mode in NCAA? I never feel the need to set prices for hot dogs, etc.

Owner mode would not fit the college game at all IMO.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #18
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

TayDiddy3 said:
I can not wait for this game....HFA, transfers, match up stick, and they if can incorporate some sort of AD Mode(similiar to Owner Mode in Madden) it maybe the greatest sports game of all time

Why does everyone want Owner Mode in NCAA? I never feel the need to set prices for hot dogs, etc.

Owner mode would not fit the college game at all IMO.

I know. What are you going to do? Move OU to Alaska? Build a new stadium? Set schedules? Oh, yeah. You already do that. Hire coaches? Oh, yeah. You are the coach. There are no 'owners' in the college game and owner mode should not make its way to NCAA.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

shortsoldier said:

That's exactly how I feel. Personally, I think there's such thing as getting too in-depth. I'm perfectly happy not being able to set parking prices and negotiate contracts with coaches. All of that stuff is just one big distraction.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #20
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

AirLobo23 said:
IS RELEASED!!!!! IT MAKES ME WANT TO
AND at the same time. I can't wait any longer, but i'm glad it's coming!!!#%!#

Amen brother...I know how ya feel....the waiting is killing me
Old 05-11-2004, 04:17 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree "Owner Mode" Is useless for NCAA .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #22
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

the whole "owner mode" thing should not be included. however, they should have a "build a new stadium" feature. you can say what you want, but that feature would be awesome
i just don't buy the "why? you probably won't be able to build up a duke to a powerhouse anyway with the home field advantage settings." are you kidding me? i'm sure the game will be hard, for about a week. then everyone will be complaining about how easy it is, and looking for better sliders. a build a new stadium feature would only increase the playing ability of the game.

the only thing i would like from madden's owner mode would be merchandise...maybe. just because if you had a powerhouse team, you know that your "t-shirts, etc" would be selling like hot cakes. not to mention that the alumni would be very excited. these two things could give you money to build your new stadium. maybe you could buy bigger weightrooms. the better the weight room the more your players would progress. during recruiting you could pitch to recruits that your weight room is 1st class, like they do now in real life.

if you want to hear anymore of my ideas, just let me know. lol
EA hasn't contacted me yet, but i'm still waiting
Old 05-11-2004, 04:59 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

the only possible aspect of an owner mode that I would like would be hiring assistant coaches. They would each coach a specific position and be responsible for recruiting a certain region nationally. You would still handle recruiting much the same, but their ratings as individual recruiters could help/hurt you in a region. Also, their skills as a position coach would have an impact on player development, and since you call the plays, perhaps an OC/DC capacity could somehow affect how well the other 10 non-controlled players execute the called plays.

You would have to deal with losing coordinators and assistants to bigger named schools, to head coaching jobs; you might have to promote your hot-shot DB coach to DC to keep him around. As another example, you may have to balance trying to find a guy who's both a good position coach and a good recruiter. Do you hire that whiz-bag recruiter who's only a mediocre developer of talent? What about that guy who can turn my grandma into an All-conference DB and is a great coordinator, but refuses to recruit (Joe Lee Dunn, anybody?)? I think it'd add a nice, new dimension to the game.

Just a thought.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:41 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

BigT34 said:
the only possible aspect of an owner mode that I would like would be hiring assistant coaches. They would each coach a specific position and be responsible for recruiting a certain region nationally. You would still handle recruiting much the same, but their ratings as individual recruiters could help/hurt you in a region. Also, their skills as a position coach would have an impact on player development, and since you call the plays, perhaps an OC/DC capacity could somehow affect how well the other 10 non-controlled players execute the called plays.

You would have to deal with losing coordinators and assistants to bigger named schools, to head coaching jobs; you might have to promote your hot-shot DB coach to DC to keep him around. As another example, you may have to balance trying to find a guy who's both a good position coach and a good recruiter. Do you hire that whiz-bag recruiter who's only a mediocre developer of talent? What about that guy who can turn my grandma into an All-conference DB and is a great coordinator, but refuses to recruit (Joe Lee Dunn, anybody?)? I think it'd add a nice, new dimension to the game.

Just a thought.

that was more along the lines of what i was talking about. the pro game and college football are different so a feature like should reflect those difference(college teams would never move so why would that be in?)and i do agree about hot dog prices and beer are too much but i dont think there should be asst. coaches that are in charge of diiferent areas of a program plus i hope the have rotating conference schedules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »