Home

NCAA Football 2005 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2005 Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 2005 Fact Sheet and Screenshots

Quote:

MaXx said:
Hey, new to the boards. The game sounds great but one thing is bothering me. I really hope those aren't the only new teams they are including. My school, Florida International University, was a I-AA independant last season but we are now in transition to be a I-A school in the Sun Belt conference and I will be incredibly disappointed if we aren't included in this game.

If they added schools like Sam Housten St. I see no reason why they shouldnt add FIU who will be in the Sun Belt conferance. Especially with this school located in Florida I think theres a really good chance they will be added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 01:19 PM   #26
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

jmd1506 said:
Quote:

MaXx said:
Hey, new to the boards. The game sounds great but one thing is bothering me. I really hope those aren't the only new teams they are including. My school, Florida International University, was a I-AA independant last season but we are now in transition to be a I-A school in the Sun Belt conference and I will be incredibly disappointed if we aren't included in this game.

If they added schools like Sam Housten St. I see no reason why they shouldnt add FIU who will be in the Sun Belt conferance. Especially with this school located in Florida I think theres a really good chance they will be added.

I really hope so, that detail alone will decide if I buy this game or not. I know a lot of guys from my university and from Florida Atlantic University (Also joining the Sun Belt) that have e-mailed the guys at Tiburon expressing our desire to have both schools included. If anyone has a complete school list that would be great. *Continues to Hope*
Old 05-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #27
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

Along the question that MaXx has asked, the fact sheet said there will be 16 new 1-AA teams included in the game this year to include the Ohio Valley and Southland Conferences. Those two conferences combine for 15 teams. Does anyone know if the 16th team is Towson University (Baltimore, MD area) who is joining the Atlantic 10 this year? Does anyone know if there are any other teams which are joining 1AA conferences that were previously included in the game?

MaXx, I would be surprised if FAU and FIU got left out of the game, since they are now members of the Sun Belt conference. I would be disappointed if they were left out. FAU gave us (JMU) a good game in 2002 in Harrisonburg, VA. They were young, but had a lot of speed.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:27 AM   #28
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

Quote:

JMU_Devil_Dawg said:
MaXx, I would be surprised if FAU and FIU got left out of the game, since they are now members of the Sun Belt conference. I would be disappointed if they were left out. FAU gave us (JMU) a good game in 2002 in Harrisonburg, VA. They were young, but had a lot of speed.

I hope you're correct on this one. It would really suck to have two I-A teams left out of the game, big slip up.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:28 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

This game looks very well done so far. From what i can tell from the screen shots that i see i'm really looking forward to this year's Game (even though i still haven't played the 2004 one yet )

i'm new here but i hope this is ok to post this here but i found some E3 Preshow impressions about Ncaa Football 2005. i found it on some football gaming website online.

here is the Article if anybody is interested in Reading it

Quote:
NCAA Football 2005 E3 2004 Preshow Impressions

EA Sports will bring its next college football game, NCAA Football 2005, to E3 2004. The new game will have an all-new "home-field advantage" feature, as well as improvements to the single-player dynasty mode.

As we've mentioned in our previous coverage of the game, one of NCAA Football 2005's most prominent new features will be home-field advantage, which can give your team a significant advantage on the field. Home-field advantage will essentially be an ability that you'll be able to use only a very few times within a single season. The ability essentially simulates what it's like to play a game at a stadium at which all your university's fans have gathered to show their support. When you have home-field advantage, you can actually press your console controller's shoulder buttons rapidly between plays to get the crowd going--the faster you press the buttons, the louder the crowd gets and the stronger the advantage you'll receive (press the buttons fast enough, and your opponent's controller will actually vibrate using force feedback to simulate the thunderous cheers in the bleachers).

When you have home-field advantage, your players will be far more composed on the field. This is represented by one of two different meters that will be displayed for each player (one of them indicates that player's level of composure; the other displays that player's overall skill level). Having home-field advantage means your players will be less prone to errors or turnovers on the field. Even the game's all-new recorded commentary will take note of this and other events on the field--you may hear sportscasters noting that players "look especially confident" if they have home-field advantage or that "they seem unsure of themselves" if they don't.

In addition, NCAA Football 2005 will have an enhanced dynasty mode that will keep track of "program integrity." While it might seem like a good idea to push your star players to the top, doing so while those players are skipping classes (or worse, taking steroids) could cost them their scholarships and their place on your team--and it could also cost you the championships. In the meantime, if you continue to commit errors on the field with certain players, their rankings will drop over time and cause them to be less effective on the field as well.

NCAA Football 2005 will have a number of enhancements that are clearly intended not only to improve on last year's game, but also to distinguish it from the Madden NFL series. The new game is scheduled for release later this year on the PS2, the Xbox, and the GameCube.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:58 PM   #30
Rookie

Can I rip in music from the UM Marching Band CD on my Xbox and have those songs play during the game for first downs, third down defensive plays and touchdowns? That would really add some reality in addition to this year's enhancements.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:01 PM   #31
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

Quote:

bighousefootball said:
Can I rip in music from the UM Marching Band CD on my Xbox and have those songs play during the game for first downs, third down defensive plays and touchdowns? That would really add some reality in addition to this year's enhancements.

I would love that considering that my school's official fight song wouldn't be on there but I do have them downloaded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2004, 01:49 PM   #32
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

In addition, NCAA Football 2005 will have an enhanced dynasty mode that will keep track of "program integrity." While it might seem like a good idea to push your star players to the top, doing so while those players are skipping classes (or worse, taking steroids) could cost them their scholarships and their place on your team--and it could also cost you the championships.

$10 says the NCAA objects to this. Especially the steroids bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »