Home

Yes! they finally have athlete recruits and player transfers

This is a discussion on Yes! they finally have athlete recruits and player transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes! they finally have athlete recruits and player transfers

They finally have it now where you can recrut some players that are athletes meaning they can play play a myriad of different positions if you need them to.Also now if you have a top recruit who doesn't feel he's getting the playing time he deserves, he will transfer to another school.That's tight as hell and I've been waiting for these two features forever. Now if they would only find some way to put a senior bowl at the end of each season or let us watch the high-school all american games to view our recruits, that would be the icing on the cake! I got the prior info from gamespot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 10:05 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Yes! they finally have athlete recruits and player transfers

***Quickly searches for welcome to last week image***
Old 05-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

TreRog said:
They finally have it now where you can recrut some players that are athletes meaning they can play play a myriad of different positions if you need them to.Also now if you have a top recruit who doesn't feel he's getting the playing time he deserves, he will transfer to another school.That's tight as hell and I've been waiting for these two features forever. Now if they would only find some way to put a senior bowl at the end of each season or let us watch the high-school all american games to view our recruits, that would be the icing on the cake! I got the prior info from gamespot.

WOW! Only took you over a year for your first post. Welcome.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Man - what is it with you people? The guy gets excited about the game and posts for the first time and you start hazing him. I swaer - it's like OS is the Omicron Sigma fraternity sometimes. What's next - keg stands and hell night for guys who have fewer than 50 posts.....

Anyway - I agree that the threat of players transferring will add a lot of depth to the game in terms of managing your entire team. One of the things that makes it so easy to build powerhouses in the current versions of the game is that you can stockpile 5 star talent at every position - with no consequences of having superstars on the bench at every position. I wonder if this means that we will be forced to recruit 2 and 3 star guys as fillers in our 75 man rosters. For example, if we have 7 or 8 recievers, the #6,7, and 8 guys will hardly ever play. I wonder if it will be easier to have a 3 star junior in these positions, or a 4 or 5 star freshman or sophomore....
Old 05-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

Quote:

Man - what is it with you people? The guy gets excited about the game and posts for the first time and you start hazing him. I swaer - it's like OS is the Omicron Sigma fraternity sometimes. What's next - keg stands and hell night for guys who have fewer than 50 posts.....

Blah, blah, blah, yick-ah-dee, yack, yack! , Must you in every single one of your post?

Quote:

Anyway - I agree that the threat of players transferring will add a lot of depth to the game in terms of managing your entire team. One of the things that makes it so easy to build powerhouses in the current versions of the game is that you can stockpile 5 star talent at every position - with no consequences of having superstars on the bench at every position. I wonder if this means that we will be forced to recruit 2 and 3 star guys as fillers in our 75 man rosters. For example, if we have 7 or 8 recievers, the #6,7, and 8 guys will hardly ever play. I wonder if it will be easier to have a 3 star junior in these positions, or a 4 or 5 star freshman or sophomore....

Excellent Questions........I wonder how all of these player emotion changes will effect scouting reports? Has EA upgraded the player scouting at all in terms of comments, etc.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #6
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Steelerfan2k1 said:

Are you saying keg stands are a bad thing or form of punishment? If thats the case then take away my posts and SOMEONE GRAB MY ANKLES!!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

The real question now becomes can my team accept transfers since I can lose transfers?

For someone running a dynasty with a crappy team, this could be really helpful.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:15 PM   #8
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

Quote:

canedawg said:
The real question now becomes can my team accept transfers since I can lose transfers?

For someone running a dynasty with a crappy team, this could be really helpful.

I don't see why not

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »