Home

Did NCAA outsell ESPN last year?

This is a discussion on Did NCAA outsell ESPN last year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2004, 01:59 AM   #1
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Did NCAA outsell ESPN last year?

Looking at all the games this year and of course being a college guy I have to go with NCAA, but I admit ESPN looks great, my question is did last year NCAA outsell ESPN or did they finish 3rd in the console race last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 02:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Did NCAA outsell ESPN last year?

they finished if i remember

didnt ea release a press release about ncaa selling how many million copies within the first few weeks or something like that
Old 05-14-2004, 02:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can't remember, but I bet Espn will out sell Madden this year! Ea really needs to step up next year if their games continue to be the number 1 seeling game.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:09 AM   #4
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

hbtyols said:
I can't remember, but I bet Espn will out sell Madden this year! Ea really needs to step up next year if their games continue to be the number 1 seeling game.

No WAY!!! Madden is available on 8 consoles,and Handheld devices,while ESPN is only on 2 Xbox and PS2.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:55 AM   #5
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

hbtyols said:

I'll take that bet. Now that EA is on XBL, you'd be a fool to be serious with that comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 03:56 AM   #6
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

Also, a lot of the XBOX sales for ESPN will go down since people I am sure got ESPN for the online but now that Madden will be on LIVE, it should swing a good chunk back to madden.

Old 05-14-2004, 06:33 AM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Pared said:
Quote:

hbtyols said:

I'll take that bet. Now that EA is on XBL, you'd be a fool to be serious with that comment.

When people see what espn has done to take advantage of the xbox and xbox live then they might not be so quick to jump to madden.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Pared said:
Quote:

hbtyols said:

When people see what espn has done to take advantage of the xbox and xbox live then they might not be so quick to jump to madden.

But you're forgetting that you and I are NOT the typical customer when it comes to madden. Most of the people who buy Madden just think Madden=football. They won't even CONSIDER another pro football game, because they don't even think it's really an option. Madden will outsell ESPN by FAR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »