Home

My NCAA 2005 Impressions

This is a discussion on My NCAA 2005 Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #17
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: My NCAA 2005 Impressions

Quote:

8bit said:
what do u mean speed is different. Do players run slower, do u have more time to get the ball off as a qb?

The game itself just feels slower, like it's all happening similar to how it was last year, just as if the game was playing at 3/4 of the speed.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:18 PM   #18
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

mmlemay said:
Is this based solely on the Xbox version? I ask because people I've talked to said the PS2 version looked much, much better at E3.

No, I did play the PS2 version also and it felt about the same. I'm not 100% about the GameCube version though, since that was the one I didn't get to play EA didn't have it in their booth, and I saw it at Nintendo but didn't get a chance to play it there.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #19
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

but shouldnt the ncaa game be slower since they dont have the athletes of the nfl?
Old 05-15-2004, 01:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

pol said:
but shouldnt the ncaa game be slower since they dont have the athletes of the nfl?

yeah definantly. Just like div 2's slower than div 1 and high schools slower than college. Its all relative. Fetter said that madden felt faster and EA said that ncaa was running at same speed. Maybe it was running at the same speed and madden was just running faster this year. Also, no being able to cut on a dime might make it seem slower. The one thing i dont like however, is the time and open holes the QB has when he drops back. In all the videos i have seen it looked to me if they took off running they would gain a good 15 yards with a semi quick qb.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

Superstar said:
like another person said in this thread if you watch the videos you will see the speed of the game. To me it seems the same so I'm in the clear here, but I guess to others they might have a problem with it. Personal preference I suppose.

I would have to agree 100%. To each his own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #22
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

RahKhem said:
if you were to time the fastest players in the game from last year, they were running at about 4.0s in the 40,

That is because they had a head start. I did the exact same thing and tried to calculate a player's 40 time that way, but I forgot that he had a running start.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:37 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

RahKhem said:
if you were to time the fastest players in the game from last year, they were running at about 4.0s in the 40,

That is because they had a head start. I did the exact same thing and tried to calculate a player's 40 time that way, but I forgot that he had a running start.

to really tell go to offense only practice mode, get the hand off, stop and run to the goaline and sprint up to the 40. Realistically in pads fast players must run around a 4.6-4.8
Old 05-16-2004, 10:28 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really liked NCAA`s speed last year. I think that was one big thing that seperated it from Madden, the gameplay was much smoother and faster. But after a couple games of Playing NCAA 2005, I will adjust to the speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »