Home

My NCAA 2005 Impressions

This is a discussion on My NCAA 2005 Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2004, 02:15 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My NCAA 2005 Impressions

Quote:

TopDog said:
[/zombie] All hail King Madden, all hail King Madden [/zombie]

Give me a break. To steal a little bit of your originality, your reviews suck balls.

It's crazy, when Madden gets torched in someone's E3 review its fair and honest but when ESPN get some negatives it's biased. To be fair, the guy simply puts that ESPN's problems with unstoppable RBs and defensive mishaps have not been changed. As has also been noticed to most everyone Madden looks great this year and I'm quite sure gameplay issues still exist. Give the guy a break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 02:39 PM   #42
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

MarchOfThePigs said:
1. Madden 2005, ps2 and xbox (didn't play the GC version) -

no more easy long bombs, the D played very disciplined.

3. ESPN football 2005 - ps2, xbox

ehhh... i played it on xbox and wasn't very impressed. first off, they DID NOT fix the rb problem yet. tyrone wheatley broke 3 tackles, and outran my CB's for about a 70 yard TD in one game. also, i played the pats, and corey dillon had 3 runs for 123 yards in the first half. the game looked VERY good in motion, but something about the game just didn't sit right with me after playing madden.

overall i enjoyed ESPN, but it just wasn't in the same league as madden. and dont call me a fanboy because i am geniunely excited about ESPN's new features, just didn't impress me as much.

so there you have it. all these games could get better before release (we all know that), but right now i have to give GAME OF THE SHOW (not just sports game) hands down to madden. i had a blast playing the game and EA just addressed most every problem i had with the game, no matter how small. ill post more later about non-sports games, not that any of you dudes care what i have to say about that since im no expert....

LONG LIVE KING MADDEN!
------------

hopefully someone from EA will get wind that the slower speed is severely disliked, and they will fix it.

I know this is the NCAA forum, but are you serious? For Madden every single game I saw had some sort of rediculas long ball thrown in it.

And were you playing ESPN NFL at Sega or at MS, cause I didn't see anything ever happen like this with their running at the show. I did see Wheatley break a long run for a TD do to great blocking, a bad D playcall and juking a man when the saftey caught up to him, but as far as the broken tackles I never saw 2 consecutive tackles get broken.

I do agree that GC and PS2 could have been faster for NCAA. I didn't get to play the GC version cause when I was at Nintendo the people playing it weren't even close to done with the game they were in and we had an interview we needed to get to, but from watching the gameplay it looked like it was at a good speed.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:52 PM   #43
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

All of Mr. Pigs posts that are gaming related are in the Madden, NCAA or MVP forum. I would factor that into his impressions.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:54 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 18

another one
Old 05-17-2004, 02:59 PM   #45
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

TopDog said:
[/zombie] All hail King Madden, all hail King Madden [/zombie]

Give me a break. To steal a little bit of your originality, your reviews suck balls.

Take your flaming to another board. Control it or find somewhere else to post.

Not to start a flame war but honestly this guy has two problems

1. If you got to say I am not fanboy you probably are one.

2. How can you honeslty claim to be unbias and use the words all hail King Madden its not gonna end right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 2

guys, the "all hail king madden" was an inside joke and a jab on the forums. if you're not part of gaming-age.com you wouldn't get it. i am a huge espn fan, if you want to see the season we completed as a board it's here: http://boards.espnvideogames.com/d?e=241&p=14&EV=514

i won the championship, my username is FrenchMov (FMT). i'm pretty sure i've played more ESPN/NFL2kx football than most of you, so don't bring this "YOU DIDNT EVEN PLAY IT!" garbage

about espn, i played it at both booths. I played it at the xbox live booth (although i didn't play the game over XBL) where they had ESPN basketball, espn hockey, espn football, and Doom 3 was right across from it. Anyways, I played I believe 6 games at that booth total, and then when i FINALLY found segas booth (which i might add was a pain in the [censored] to find because it was alllllllllll the way on the opposite end of where i was, concealed) i played the games again there. like i said in my review, i can't comment on the difficulty setting because i did not have a chance to change it (if it was even an option, i dont know). the game was nearly identical to last years version, and i played the piss out of last years game so i know what i'm talking about. if you experienced something different, or saw some problems were fixed, that's awesome. i wish i had the same experience. but i'm not going to sit there and lie for the sake of gaining "credibility" (i.e. "OH I COMPLEMENTED MADDEN & ESPN so i must be trusted!") that's exactly what i saw, the running game wasn't fixed, the game played nearly identical to last years, what more can i say besides what i personally experienced?

and about madden, not once was i burned by jet packing, or a ridiculous long bomb. again, if you were burned or burned someone with those methods, that is too bad and they need to fix it. i can only comment on what i saw and what i experienced. sorry dude, what more can i say?

i wish i had gotten some videos of ncaa running side by side on ps2/xbox, you would really be able to see the difference. it bums me out because i got an xbox as soon as i found out EA was going on XBL. i was excited to get ncaa/madden on xbox (saves me the storage space, faster loading/simming, etc). but if ncaa is going to run like crap on xbox and great on ps2, then ill have to go that route.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:26 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

MarchOfThePigs said:
but if ncaa is going to run like crap on xbox and great on ps2, then ill have to go that route.

Riiiiiiight. EA is definately going to put out a crap game on XBOX this year, especially when so many more people are going to buy it with XBL enabled. It doesn't make sense to even entertain this concern. I liked the XBOX version better than the PS2 version (I do have both) and I plan on getting the XBOX version this year.

In the end, if I'm wrong about this, i'll admit it. I just don't see it going down like that.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:43 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 2

i'm with you fade. i was shocked. you'd think of all things the xbox version would be the one to impress, especially since they had just announced XBL support days before. trust me when i say i would 110% rather get ncaa on xbox than on ps2, because im definently getting madden on xbox. i'm hoping someone from EA hears me out... the one thing i regret about e3 is that i didn't bring up the fact that the xbox version was running so much worse than the ps2 version to one of the reps. but then again there was basically no one there answering questions about ncaa, whereas every madden booth had a representative who watched while you played and asked questions and stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »