Home

My NCAA 2005 Impressions

This is a discussion on My NCAA 2005 Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2004, 05:55 PM   #49
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: My NCAA 2005 Impressions

The MS version of ESPN NFL was apprently 2 days behind the one at the Sega booth. From playing both, that must have been the most productive 2 days in the history of the series, cause the one at MS did play like 2k4 which left me very disapointed as it was the first of the two I had played, when I found the Sega booth and got my hands on that version I felt it was greatly improved. Hopefully the final version will be more like my experiances and viewing than yours.

And as far as the PS2 vs. Xbox version of NCAA that gives me great hope that the game will be fine. I'm sure EA will not release an inferior version of the game on Xbox, they may have just had problems smoothing things out before they had to put the demo out for E3. Just like there was a small slowdown at snap for PS2 Madden that many people complained about, which will also likely be gone at release.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:05 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 2

fetter you maybe right about the ESPN thing. i did play at segas booth as well, but not nearly as much. to be honest with you i was so disgruntled after playing the one in the XBL area that maybe i wasn't giving ESPN its fair shot at the sega booth. why would sega do that though? how hard would it have been to just burn 2 damn copies of the same demo?

well, either way i'm confident sega will step up to the plate in time for launch of the game. i'm excited about all the new online features espn will bring to the table this year (online franchise, trades, etc) i just hope they fix the running problem, and increase the throwing speed a bit as well. if companies would just allow online sliders, we could fix some of the problems ourselves (last years running game in ESPN for instance).
Old 05-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

MarchOfThePigs said: if companies would just allow online sliders, we could fix some of the problems ourselves (last years running game in ESPN for instance).

umm.......no, that's an awful idea. i had to quit playing ESPN hockey online cuz everyone would turn the speed up to 10. online sliders should not be allowed unless possibly they make it so BOTH users have to agree to it before the game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 09:55 PM   #52
Banned

online sliders are no problem when you play with a group of chums online where all players are sim ballers. obviously there will be a-holes who manipulate the sliders to their benefit, but let them be. as long as you know the people you're playing with and they have a good rep sliders would solve many problems
Old 05-17-2004, 10:01 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 8

my mistake.....sorry, i was looking for the ncaa impressions thread.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:33 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:

davep said:
my mistake.....sorry, i was looking for the ncaa impressions thread.

Thinking the same thing myself
Old 05-18-2004, 05:52 AM   #55
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

MarchOfThePigs said:
fetter you maybe right about the ESPN thing. i did play at segas booth as well, but not nearly as much. to be honest with you i was so disgruntled after playing the one in the XBL area that maybe i wasn't giving ESPN its fair shot at the sega booth. why would sega do that though? how hard would it have been to just burn 2 damn copies of the same demo?

well, either way i'm confident sega will step up to the plate in time for launch of the game. i'm excited about all the new online features espn will bring to the table this year (online franchise, trades, etc) i just hope they fix the running problem, and increase the throwing speed a bit as well. if companies would just allow online sliders, we could fix some of the problems ourselves (last years running game in ESPN for instance).

Because MS told them they needed the disc two days earlier than they were gonna do the one for their own booth, so Sega got it to them. So it was just MS's bad. I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 11:20 AM   #56
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

OVR: 8

--- March of the pigs wrote: also, one small addition they made was swinging the camera around on kickoffs and punts. last year you would only see it from the kicking teams perspective until you caught the ball, then the camera would swing around. now when you kick the ball, the camera swings around right away so you can see your blocks developing. ---

That is very cool. I hope that is in NCAA as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »