Home

Top Stadiums

This is a discussion on Top Stadiums within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 03:34 PM   #9
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Top Stadiums

Quote:

fadeddays said:
Sorry to start a new thread when there is one rolling around on this (although it is suffering thread degeneration syndrome...). I figured this would be well served by a new thread, however.

I remembered seeing a few articles on top stadiums before and I wondered if EA had used them in their research for the HFA feature...

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6437023
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/sports/...16102098&cp1=1

Summary of sportsline article (top 10 out of 25, check the link for the rest)...

1 Texas A&M
2 Notre Dame
3 Tennessee
4 Florida
5 LSU
6 Nebraska
7 Florida State
8 Alabama

I've always said I like CBS
Old 05-16-2004, 04:51 PM   #10
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

INCAA_Commish said:
I really don't think you guys are understanding the stadium thing at all. Its not about the PROGRAM. Its about the STADIUM. Its about the closeness of the fans in relation to the field, its about crowdnoise, its about history and tradition. Yes, Notre Dame is not what it once was. But it IS a loud stadium and it does deserve to be in the Top 25. Does it matter WHERE they are rated? All 25 will have impacts so why argue about spots? I'm very fortunate that I've been to games at Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Arizona State, Rose Bowl (OSU vs. ASU), Penn State (Not sure if they are on the list, but when they went to 100,000k people it became VERY loud), Tennessee and Miami(OH). Arizona State when they were great in '95 was SOOO loud. All you Nebraska fans can remember that 19-0 debacle. I don't think the Rose Bowl should make it because it isn't loud, and the fans are SO far away.

At any rate, I just don't think you guys are looking at it right. I think you're talking about and getting wrapped up in the teams ability along with the stadium when how the team is now should have nothing to do with it. When you look at the stadiums they've ranked, they all deserve to be there.

Thats all...Flame away at me lol.

My fealings exactly. One of the things that makes some of these GREAT HFA is the fact that even if they are 6-6 record, its rockn'. Some of these places wouldn't be even close if they aren't winning.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:25 AM   #11
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I have been to about 25 games at Notre Dame and it deserves to be considered one of the toughest places to play. Just because ND sucks now doesnt mean the atmoshpere changed, besides ND was 10-3 two years ago. Everyone is bashing ND because they had a horrible record last year, and you guys are forgetting with the schedule they had almost every team in the country would have struggled. My point is just because ND has been down lately doesnt meen all their fans go to the stadium and sit on there hands or root for the visiting team! The whole ND experience of a ND home weekend is just unreal! I went to the Mich, Ohio St. game last year and it was great too, but ND stadium is just as loud if not louder!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

jake44np said:
I have been to about 25 games at Notre Dame and it deserves to be considered one of the toughest places to play. Just because ND sucks now doesnt mean the atmoshpere changed, besides ND was 10-3 two years ago. Everyone is bashing ND because they had a horrible record last year, and you guys are forgetting with the schedule they had almost every team in the country would have struggled. My point is just because ND has been down lately doesnt meen all their fans go to the stadium and sit on there hands or root for the visiting team! The whole ND experience of a ND home weekend is just unreal! I went to the Mich, Ohio St. game last year and it was great too, but ND stadium is just as loud if not louder!

When you get wiped out 37-0 at home, people are going to bash them. Sorry but there not the same team as they were years ago. I think ND does have one of the best atmospheres in football but it is quickly decreasing, and I dont think it is up with the staduims Mich,Ohio St,LSU,Tenn, Georgia.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:31 PM   #13
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:

jmd1506 said:
Quote:

jake44np said:

When you get wiped out 37-0 at home, people are going to bash them. Sorry but there not the same team as they were years ago. I think ND does have one of the best atmospheres in football but it is quickly decreasing, and I dont think it is up with the staduims Mich,Ohio St,LSU,Tenn, Georgia.

You know i really starting believing your whole post until i read your signature and it has Cincinnati Bengals the beginning of a dynasty. Man you lost me there!!!One 37-0 game ruins your program forever? I think not!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

jake44np said:
Quote:

jmd1506 said:
Quote:

jake44np said:

You know i really starting believing your whole post until i read your signature and it has Cincinnati Bengals the beginning of a dynasty. Man you lost me there!!!One 37-0 game ruins your program forever? I think not!

Do you need glasses? when did I say there [censored] whipping by FSU ruins the program forever, if any team like LSU and USC and so on lose 37-0 they are going to get bashed for it but only an idiot would say it would ruin thier program forever.And whats wrong with the Bengals at least they did decent this year, which has the people here in Cincy very excited
Old 05-17-2004, 03:49 PM   #15
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Rudi Johnson is going to tear it up this year now that Dillon is gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #16
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Yeah i know i too live in Cincy it was a joke.
And by the way i already wear glasses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »