Home

What about dropped passes...?

This is a discussion on What about dropped passes...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2004, 03:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What about dropped passes...?

I'm not too great at NCAA 04 so I need every catch I can get, especially playing as SJSU!!
Old 05-18-2004, 03:08 PM   #10
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

To me it is a part of the game. It is frustrating but it is also frustrating in real life. I have no problem with it really to be honest. (Ducks from the soon to be incoming blunt objects)
Old 05-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

If your scores are too high try turning up the penalty selectors. Penalties certainly kill drives more than anything else but I never hear about anyone discussing it. Sure I agree it sucks having penalties but that's a big part of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2004, 03:17 PM   #12
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I still agree with the earlier poster that the game should accomplish the incomplete passes more on the quarterback side. My QB's rarely throw passes that are way off the mark. It happens all the time in the NCAA much more than a ball that hits an open receiver in the hands and isn't caught. I also feel they demerit running backs to much because you can have the best receiving running back in the league and they will drop 50% of the passes thrown at them in this game. Most of those passes are short lobs that hit him in the hands.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:40 PM   #13
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7

I guess that explains it, I have the xbox version. I know dropped passes are part of the game, but when you hit the same reciever in the hands 3x in a row and he drops all 3 something is wrong.

Like the earlier poster said, I would rather see more QB over and under throws than dropped passes, thats what happens more in real life anyway.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:19 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 17

well for the record im playing ps2 version, so I might not experience some of the drops that you guys on the Box do.

But I think is one huge flaw of NCAA and Madden is o-line/d-line interaction, I'm not saying ea should bite ESPN, but they should try to get a more realistic pass rush and O-line play.. If you just look at a replay on NCAA the tackles most of the time in pass situations drive the end like 2 or 3 yards back, the tackles dont get any push and the Left Tackles(or whomever is playing left tackle) just absolutely dominates. This gives the QB all day to throw and in essance the game becomes a 7 on 7 drill which any half decent QB can put up stellar stats in a 7 on 7 drill, especially when the WR can do the manual juke after a short catch to pile up YAC yards. So the reason QB's dont throw off target alot to me is b/c he isn't pressured all that much...well damn that was kinda off topic, but yea I guess im jus tryin to say they should find better ways to compensate for completion percentage.

And about turning the penalties up, that doesn't really keep you from scoring much, I dont try to run up the score but playing 8 min quarters I can avg like 4 td's a half playing normally, mixing up run and pass, with a halfway decent team.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #15
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Underneath coverage needs to be better too. Too often the drags and outs are open... and that's typically when the drops occur. Make the DBs and LBs cover better and you'll give the WR an excuse to drop it sometimes and also the QB an excuse to throw a ball off the mark like he's trying to put it where only his reciever can get it.

... That's the best solution. Not QBs throwing balls off the mark, but better coverage underneath and take away a great amount of the drops and add some more poorly thrown balls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2004, 11:25 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 17

well i think it is a combination of both, coverage is horrible on outs and drags. I hear that underneath coverage in madden has been improved, hopefully ncaa has those revisions as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »