Home

IGN awards NCAA 2005 best in show at E3

This is a discussion on IGN awards NCAA 2005 best in show at E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2004, 02:33 AM   #17
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN awards NCAA 2005 best in show at E3

Well you can look at it however you like, as for me I look at it as an addition that I REALLY WANTED along with many others. I dont care if it took 2 seconds, its in and thats a good thing.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:05 AM   #18
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, the roster size was a big upgrade to me along with everything else that's been added. Although I am still waiting to hear that rotating conference schedules has been added because I think if they have been overlooked again this year it may keep me from buying the game. I hate to say that cause I love this game and as pumped for everything that was added, but that severly limited the fun factor for me in 2004.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:09 AM   #19
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Video 66. 67. and 68 look to be on the X-Box and don't seem slow to me at all. Maybe they weren't on the X-Box, but I could have sworn I saw the black button in the corner for flipping the plays on the playcalling screen. Maybe it's just me, though. Or, maybe ppl are saying the game is slower because you can't cut on a dime anymore, and you have to actually plan a cut before you make it. Maybe....
Old 05-22-2004, 06:43 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

whatcha said:
Video 66. 67. and 68 look to be on the X-Box and don't seem slow to me at all. Maybe they weren't on the X-Box, but I could have sworn I saw the black button in the corner for flipping the plays on the playcalling screen. Maybe it's just me, though. Or, maybe ppl are saying the game is slower because you can't cut on a dime anymore, and you have to actually plan a cut before you make it. Maybe....

It was Xbox for sure. And yeah, no slowdown.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:49 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

ochoco said:
Well you can look at it however you like, as for me I look at it as an addition that I REALLY WANTED along with many others. I dont care if it took 2 seconds, its in and thats a good thing.

People like us appreciate these things more. Expanded rosters, transfers, ATH scholarships, more defensive formations, customs playbooks, enhanced lighting. These things make a differnece to the hardcore

Other people just look at the HFA and composure and matchup stick and think not much has changed. Maybe they shoulda added more cut scences?

To those that look under the hood I think NCAA sounds like it's coming along splendidly.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think that it's funny when people say that they haven't added much. When you look at the wishlist threads from the last couple of years, it seems like NCAA has added 80 percent of what we've asked for over the last couple of years: the SI feature, the ability to edit your schedule, expanded rosters, the ability to change someone's position, transfers, increased atmosphere, better gameplay, more offensive and defensive formations, more helmets, shoes, arm bands, etc. They are listening to what the fans want, but we keep expanding the list of things we want them to add. Sure, they still have some things that I would love for them to add in like rotating conference schedules, create-a-play, still better offensive line/ defensive line play, and more team specific entrances, but I feel like they have done an excellent job so far. I think people forget that it takes a long time to program the code needed to make these changes, and that the developers don't have time to add every single thing we ask for in one year (especially working with a much smaller team than Madden has). However, over the course of the last few years, they are adding the things we ask for slowly but surely. So be patient, give them time, and I bet they satisfy our wishes.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:50 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

ochoco said:
Well imagine being a young QB and having a 300lb. plus lineman in your face saying he is about to use your body as a training dummy.

A great addition to the game would be to be able to hear all the trash talking that goes on just before a snap.

They used to have trash talking in the old Dramcast NFL 2k series. It was pretty funny the first time I heard it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »