Home

bomb fests?

This is a discussion on bomb fests? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
bomb fests?

i really need help. i just started playing ncaa 2004. i enjoyed the previous versions especially way back on the ps2. does the cpu run with any consistency? i started playing with jistics AA sliders. i really like some aspects of the game, especially the running which is improved over 2003 imo.

however, a lot of games are passing fests into double and triple coverage. then i start throwing bombs to score because it seems easy and the cpu seems to be just heaving one bomb after another in some games. i dont remember it being this bad in previous versions.

it seems that teams don't run, despite plenty of 90+ running backs. i just played georgia and they had 4 HBs rated 89 to 92 and they ran about 8 times and 3 times with the QB.

thier 86 rated WR caught everything no matter how many guys were on him especially on 3rd down.
also, the db's for the cpu make some amazing plays near the end zone a lot.

i know some will say learn defense and that is not the problem. i am having reasonable success winning. i frequently stop the run. i actually think it is too easy to stop the run. (maybe that is the problem) some games i shut the cpu down, or have a close game and they still pass non-stop it seems.

what i want is to have to think and have a gameplan. is it better on hiesman? i ask because a few posts i read seemed to think it wasn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: bomb fests?

What I've noticed is that if you stop the run early, they hardly attempt to do it the rest of the game.

Believe it or not, they seem to run a bit more in 2004 than in previous versions.

However, the CPU running game definitely needs be overhauled.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:05 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I thought the CPU ran much more in NCAA '03...
Old 05-21-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Try the Heisman sliders I posted. Bomb fests won't happen all that often. But remember in College there is a lot more wide open play. But the CPU and yourself should be able to mount a running game. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I play the game on default(except with maxed out run blocking) on All American and I never get long passes completed. But the computer doesnt night in and night out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2004, 03:18 PM   #6
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

thanks for the advice, everyone. i will try the hiesman sliders later after i find it.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Just play a cover 2 zone. Computer can't move the ball against it all, plus you'll get countless interceptions (this is on AA default). I ran the same play all season (except for occasionally doing a cover 2 zone blitz), and dominated the cpu on defense. The cpu can run on this play, but since they rarely run it doesn't really matter.

Taylor34
Old 05-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #8
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Press the WR's,and you will rarely see a QB throw for 300 yds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »