Home

Kirk and Lee's pregrame material

This is a discussion on Kirk and Lee's pregrame material within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Kirk and Lee\'s pregrame material

I am sure this has been hashed out before, but EA really needs to make some changes to the pregrame info provided by Kirk and Lee. During the pregrame of my first game of the season Kirk noted that my team has had difficulty stopping the run all season. Also, my redshirt freshman QB started one game b/c my starter was injured and Kirk said he was the playmaker that would be the difference in the outcome. My backup stinks by the way, overall rating of 68. One of the few problems I have had with Madden and NCAA (which I love, by the way, so don't take this wrong) is that the commentary, predictions and post game material are completely arbitrary and have nothing really to do with the specific teams. I'd like to see the pregame talk about what the teams did last week, whether they are on a winning streak or a losing streak, how the crowd could be a factor, key injuries, bowl implications, etc. Make it more team and game specific. They could really do a lot with the pre and post game stuff to really make this an outstanding game to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Kirk and Lee\'s pregrame material

Ya it would add alot. Have some players to watch and such. I just have to shake my head on some of the commentary because sometimes they even get the teams reversed.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

don't think it has changed yet from the videos here! Still has the coach bending over and talking to that 1 player!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:30 PM   #4
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

I know from the videos that they at least added defensive players into pre game show which is a good thing, I'm sure there will also be some new audio as well.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is an idea that NCAA could take from the gamebreaker series. Now i know that Gamebreaker games on PS2 have been awful, but i remember one thing about them. The key players always had gold #'s. For instance...on EA's game it is "hb #21" in white text as he carries the ball...an idea would be to change that # to gold for big time playmakers. Just an idea.

I also like the idea of going back to last week for commentary. It would add a lot to the game in my opinion...or atleast make it more realistic.

go state
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2004, 01:26 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 17

EA commentary seems to pretty much blow chunks across the board and it seems to be something they dont really give a crap about. Their main focus seems to be getting the big broadcasting names to do the commentary, but not giving a hoot on what they say or when they say it.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:35 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

hbtyols said it perfect though, i cant believe they have basically the same intro, make it a little different..pleaseeee
Old 05-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #8
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6

It got old real fast seeing that WR jumping down the center isle with his #1 finger pointing. BTW how many teams have an ICE box in the main entrance? Some maybe but every stinking one? Come on EA throw us a curve ball or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »