Home

Am I the only one concerned....???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one concerned....??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2004, 02:19 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Am I the only one concerned....???

No offense, Jistic, but I guess that's why EA still hasn't gotten rid of the 30 yard drop back QB, the Mario Running, the Suction blocking, the overly difficult running game, etc. Seems like most fans of the series just don't care about these things.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wait till OS gets the Beta version because its bassicly the real version, and the demo at E3 was probaly 75%-80% finsihed, so if the game speed is still to slow in the Beta version than you can get concered.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
No offense, Jistic, but I guess that's why EA still hasn't gotten rid of the 30 yard drop back QB, the Mario Running, the Suction blocking, the overly difficult running game, etc. Seems like most fans of the series just don't care about these things.

I agree... that's why I traded it in last year after about a week of playing. To me, the gameplay was exactly the same as 2003 but with SI covers added. I grew tired of it very quickly. Since I didn't play much last year I may rent 05 to see if the gameplay has advanced any... If it has, I will pick it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #12
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Here's the thing. If the build at E3 was running a little slow and the media asked (which some did), "Hey...why is the game running so slow in this build?" EA is not going to say, "Yeah, this build sucks, we're working on it." They are going to say exactly what they said, "We are very pleased with the game speed." Nice safe answer. Don't judge till you have the final build in the Box.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:20 PM   #13
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll tell you how to run the ball successfully. I play 7 minute quarters on heisman with jistics sliders and I usually average 175 yards a game. Play with the fatigue on and once you get a drive going and the DLine starts to wear down you can start pounding the rock at the right down the field. Get a few first downs passing the ball and the running game will pick up.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:23 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

that's why I traded it in last year after about a week of playing.

If there is a hell and ever was a reason for going, that right there should do it buddy.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #15
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I never had the running game problems that you do. In fact, I had to edit the sliders quite a bit to calm down my running game. I hope it will be a little harder to run up the middle on obvious short yardage downs with my FB.........becuase FB dives were money plays for me on 3rd and short.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2004, 04:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:

The CPU drops back 30 yards like 2/3 times a game on screen passes, and if you don't get to the qb, it's darn effective. Mario running HAS been fixed, E3 people confirmed that momentum is in the game, and you can't just turn on a time and use the "joystick juke." Suction blocking isn't that great, but it isn't the worst thing in the world, and if they would just fix the run blocking, the game will be fine. As for running game, I haven't heard that complaint very often, I've seen plenty of Heisman dynasties where the Human has rushed for 300+ yards per game on the CPU. NCAA Football 2004 is the best football game on the market, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »