Home

Do we know if HFA will be active for online play?

This is a discussion on Do we know if HFA will be active for online play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2004, 06:23 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Do we know if HFA will be active for online play?

Quote:

lordsin said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
They should make it so home field is random I agree but make it so that if both users agree to one specific team being home then they can do so. If homefields always random that is going to screw up leagues where we have a set schedule and home teams already decided. If it's random that means both guys will have to keep challenging until the right team is home and that would be really stupid.

Ranked games are random, non ranked games are user controlled. That would solve the problem.

you are right, that would be one way to solve it I agree..
Old 06-01-2004, 01:06 PM   #10
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I like the idea of giving bonus points to the road team if they win. The key here would be for EA to find the right balance. Give too many bonus points to the road team and no one will ever want to be the home team.

Odogg also had a good idea of making the home team random in ranked games and selectable in non-ranked.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

It seems to me like HFA should just be an option that any user can set. Similer to how long you want your quarters to be, you could set if you wanted HFA. This way for leagues it could still be on, but it would probably be off for all other games. I think this is simply more fair then random HFA. What if you play three games against someone with equal skill, but lose all three becuase he got HFA. It would be unfair, and we would have to hear people complain about it online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2004, 12:01 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

bbondsfan said:
It seems to me like HFA should just be an option that any user can set. Similer to how long you want your quarters to be, you could set if you wanted HFA. This way for leagues it could still be on, but it would probably be off for all other games. I think this is simply more fair then random HFA. What if you play three games against someone with equal skill, but lose all three becuase he got HFA. It would be unfair, and we would have to hear people complain about it online.

I still don't like the idea that we should have the HFA option only for unranked games. I do agree of the default being off for ranked games however if BOTH users agree to it then it should be allowed to be used.

I honestly think EA won't put a huge amount of time or effort into this. My guess is they'll make it be on by default for both ranked and unranked but there will probably be an extra stat showing HOME WINS and VISITOR WINS and having a dispriportionate (sp?) number of home wins lowers your overal ranking. That way it'd be not a bunch of options for ranked or unranked and be a simple math formula for ranking purposes, something very easy for EA to incorporate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »