Home

A NEW WAY TO PLAY 2004!

This is a discussion on A NEW WAY TO PLAY 2004! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2004, 08:50 AM   #17
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: A NEW WAY TO PLAY 2004!

Quote:

THEBIGORANGE said:
but how hard is it to kick anyway.

Don't know, but I miss field goals regularly on NCAA while on Madden I can nail a 54-yarder with Wade Richey and come back on the kickoff and send it out of bounds.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:44 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

What level do you play on, and do you use any sliders?
Old 05-31-2004, 09:49 AM   #19
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

mesmith said:
What level do you play on, and do you use any sliders?

I try playing on Heisman and can't run for crap. As for the sliders, I did have some, I think they were Auburn Alumni or something like that.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #20
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

just started up with maryland. Default AA sliders. I replaced The Citadel with Navy and E. Carolina with PSU. Played the season opener at NIU and won 50-7. Scott McBrien went down in the first quarter, and Joel Statham in the second. Sam Hollenbach came on and led three straight scoring drives to pull away. Bruce Perry carried 27 times for 185 yards and 2 scores. Nick Novak kicked 5 FGs. NIUs Michael The Burner Turner was held to 65 yards on 19 carries.

My line dominated on both sides of the ball. I'll get a better idea of how challenging coach only mode is on default when i head to Tallahassee to meet the Noles in about an hour.

I tweaked the sound settings and change the view to how you watch college football broadcasts on regular TV so its like sitting in the coaches box calling the plays from up above.

has breathed some new life into the game.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:09 PM   #21
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

damn what a fun game...Maryland at FSU

Maryland opens the second quarter with an impressive drive down the field as McBrien culminates a 10 play 80 yard drive with a 22 yard play action TD pass to Latrez Harrison. 7-0 Terps. The Terp defense forces an FSU punt that is returned to the Maryland 55 by steve suter. First play Bruce Perry burst through the middle stiff arms the FSU safety Hall and races 55 yards for the score giving the Terps a 14-0 lead. FSU answers back as Jones bulls his way across the goaline on 4th and goal from the 2 as FSU pulls to within a TD 14-7.

Halftime 14-7 Terps.

Maryland Kicks off and FSU 's Washington fumbles the kick and maryland gains possession at the 5. Two plays later McBrien slings a bullet to TE Schell on a goal line play action and the Terps go up 21-7. After another Rix INT, McBrien looks for Suter on a crossing pattern only to be picked by hall who races 78 yards to make it 21-14 Terps. After a three and out, Rix fires a laser across the middle on 3rd and 14 with two blitzing defenders on him completeing a 22 yard TD to PK Sam in the back corner of the endzone. 21-21.

The fourth quarter is a stalemate until with 6:30 left Rix takes a gigantic hit from DT Randy Starks popping the ball loose and landing Rix on the bench with a seperated shoulder 2 weeks. The Terps fail to capitalize and FSU backup QB Walker leads an impressive drive of scrambling complettions and with 3:35 remaining hits Sam again for a 19 yard score and a 28-21 FSU lead.

The Terps answer back as McBrien leads a precision drive hitting 4 different receivers before Josh Allen takes the HB draw from 8 yards out and drags Boulware into the endzone with 1:19 left to tie the game at 28-28.

The Noles werent finished however. Walker takes the Seminoles to the 35 with just under 20 seconds remaining and 1 timout. On 2 and 10 OLB Leon Joe comes clean off the outside and blinds sides Walker leaving the Seminoles with 3 17 from the 42 and forcing the Seminoles last timeout with just under 10 seconds left. FSU goes for it and Walker hits Thorpe across the middle at the 8. Thorpe cuts up field and down the left sideline for the endzone where hes met and dragged out of bounds by FS Madieu Williams at the 1 as time expires.

Overtime sees the McBrien crushed by Boulware leaving a floater to a deep out pattern thats intercepted by Hall his 3rd of the afternoon.

The Seminoles score on the third play of OT as Walker slips a post pattern to Sam between Foxworth and Williams.

FSU wins 34-28.

my #1 Greatest game. and thats a lot of games after 10 months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2004, 03:39 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

i am glad to see some of you enjoying coach mode. it really evens things up since most of us are button masher experts. let the ratings of the players decide things, play smart and make good choices. i think i will play this way when 2005 comes out. it is so much more challenging this way. and oh yea, btw, keep recruiting on auto and play with the players you have been dealt. i have found that the more powerful your program becomes, the more chances you are to grab a decent player from the big-timers. and hopefully they will be your ticket to getting a job at a better program.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:43 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

i am now in my 9th yr overall. i am in my 2nd season with michigan and have started the season 2-0. i am now getting ready to play kent state at home in front of 106,000 and looking to escape with a win and no injuries. hopefully i can use this as a tune up before the big ten race begins, but i have noticed if you go into a game overconfident and not paying much attention to your playcalling then thats when the upset bug begins to gnaw a little, so i better beware because every game counts right? post again soon
Old 05-31-2004, 05:17 PM   #24
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

The problem with coach mode is you're still playing against the cheating computer. I don't know what the deal is, but I can take the worst pounding of a lifetime from a human with no trouble, but every yard the cheating computer gets frustrates the heck out of me, and I don't need any more stress. But I'm getting more good ideas about how to play, including changing the perspective. So while I won't play it quite like you are, it's something similar, and I'm getting into the game again, which is nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »