Home

NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever??

This is a discussion on NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2
NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever??

Just curious as to how others feel about the game, as I know some people feel that this might be one of the best football games ever(Including me), or if not football in general, certainly one of the better college football games ever.

Again just wonderin what other peoples thoughts were, and maybe you could throw out other ncaa titles that you thought were better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever??

This is my favorite NCAA of all time. My only wish is they would add a little DLC since it is the last one for the time being. A playoff patch would give it a little more life.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #3
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it is absolutely the best game on this generation of consoles. Teambuilder is a great addition that adds a lot of replay-ability for me and the dynasty is very fun too. It has features like super sim that are really great and im sure ultimate team and online play are fun too but my internet is too slow to handle either of them.

Two things I wish this game had...
1. FCS teams- Come on, I begged since they moved to X360 but they didnt bring them over... and it seriously broke my heart
2. Export dynasty teams to exhibition. Its a nice feature that the old madden games had, but never made it to the ncaa series.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Number one all time for me, no question. There are some previous games I really liked, but if I could only choose one, it would be '14.

I can't say if it's the best football game ever because I haven't bought a Madden since 2005. It's not that I don't like the NFL, I do. But the college game (real life and video game) just holds much more appeal to me personally.

I'm about to wrap up my 24th Dynasty season in '14 and I'm playing it with every bit as much zeal as I did in the first few months after release.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-07-2015, 10:08 PM   #5
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt
This is my favorite NCAA of all time. My only wish is they would add a little DLC since it is the last one for the time being. A playoff patch would give it a little more life.
Yea, i wish they would've got 1 more year to work with so they could import the playoffs and bring it to next gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 12:09 AM   #6
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I personally love the game, and I've bought every game since 2003. There are some hitches and glitches that bug me, like defenders not jumping up for interceptions. I'm glad they got rid of the linebackers jumping 10 ft in the air, even though I see it sometimes, pretty rare.

I think they could've gone more in depth with dynasty. I know NCAA doesn't want suspensions and all that but that's real life. You're lying to a user if there isn't any suspensions. Also maybe picking out certain things to say to a kid to get them to come to your school, similar to what they did with NCAA Basketball 10.

I'm very angry about the audio. Commentators are boring but what can you do? It's college football. Hard to write lines for every situation. Halftime show is pretty neat. I do hate how my sound cuts in and out after a first down and right before the next play. I think the stadium sounds could be louder.

Yea, I'm mad they didn't have a lot of new uniforms and most of them glitched but also they had no idea that this would be the last game of the series when they released it.

Overall, best game on the PS3 and 360. I think 06 was the best game by far.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)

Last edited by SpartyParty11; 01-08-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not a huge college football fan, I'm a pro guy. But I must say NCAA 14 has been my jam for the last month or 2. I own a XBOX ONE, and many games, and I cannot hold attention to them. This college game is addicting, on my days off, I just breeze through seasons, hoping to improve my team (Ohio University) from a 1 star to a 6 star powerhouse.

Unfortunately, this isn't the best football game I have played, it is the best I've played on next or next next gen though.

NFL 2k5 was the best of all-time, I still dabble in it.
Madden 05 was phenomenal.

The only catch NCAA has that keeps me interested in recruiting. The off-season is better than Madden's current one.

My problems with NCAA:

-Undersized players

-very easy game with sliders setup for more difficult game

-I've won consecutive Nat'l Championships, but start the season unranked.

-CPU AI is terrible.

-Announcers are very repetitive

-Races are too even. (= or near as many white Cornerbacks and WRs as black ones) kind if kills some immersion for me, when all of the best CBs and WRs are white, idk, just feels unrealistic to me. Same with dozens of black kickers and punters. I'm not saying they shouldn't give it this dynamic, but I've gone through two seasons, and 4/6 CBs I've recruited were white, very fast, same with the WRs.

-Cannot expand Stadium/Campus to attract more fans/recruits.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
I'm very angry about the audio.
Yeah, I actually think the audio regressed from 2003 on the Xbox/PS3. Every single game I play I have to hear Nessler tell me that it is too early to get away from the game plan. And the timing is as absurd as the repetition.......like when it is a 3 point game in the second quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »