Home

Possibly Using Single Season Mode For Playoffs

This is a discussion on Possibly Using Single Season Mode For Playoffs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2015, 04:06 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Possibly Using Single Season Mode For Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
Id really love to be able to export dynasty rosters. Please enlighten us how this is possible.
I modified the editor
I load a roster file
Then load a dynasty file
Then save the roster file and load to in game
Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #10
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

OVR: 0

You can do the playoff system in NCAA 14?
Old 01-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #11
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I've been doing this since NCAA 2003. I go ahead and play my bowl for the trophy, but at the end of the regular season I make note of the top 8 teams and play a seeded playoff with a neutral site championship game. Sucks I rarely make the playoff myself :-/

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 02:29 AM   #12
Pro

I think my build is ready for some consumption

Open up a roster file like you always do

now you want to pick your source dynasty file

go to File -> Copy over Roster

You 'll get a couple prompts about whether or not you want to copy over team data. This is pretty much how you can continue a dynasty by starting over with a new one.

When it's done just save your roster and you should be able load it in game. Depth Charts will be messed up, i suggest you just go through each team and RB it to auto reset the depth charts, this takes a few minutes at worst

other stuff my personal build does

it's easier to modify schedules, i found i always would mess up team schedule, so now when you modify the schedule table, it will auto modify the team schedules to be correct

you'll notice some new menu options. these are just tuners for my dynasty use as you please

Fix: at the end of this season it will set 4* and better recruits committed to mid major teams to 9999 so you can put them on a new team. This is how I keep Central Michigan and North Texas from running the country

PreSeason Fix : at the beginning of the season it will "discourage" recruits from wanting to go to mid major schools, this is all optional. Also a P5 non P5 match up will always result in a P5 playing at home. Again like Fix this is completely optional, i don't have a way to tune this, but i suppose it could be done in the future

Test Schedule: This makes sure each team only has 12 games and doesn't play more than 1 in a single week. it's helpful when modifying schedules. Also writes out a file of P5 schools that play more than 1 P5 opponent, i would see some schools play 4 OOC games against P5 opponents which just doesn't happen often

PostSeason -> Last Week Poll : sometimes at the end of my season the polls wouldn't update. i would update them myself, and this is just a short cut to change the last week poll values to be the current before i did the update

Postseason -> Poll Points : lets say you adjust the poll because whatever reason. it's annoying to manually adjust the points, so when you finish adjusting the poll this will reorder the poll points to be correct
Old 01-18-2015, 03:44 AM   #13
Pro

not that i'm surprised, but even though when I load the rosters in the Team Management UI in game, all the data looks good. But when I actually go start a dynasty with it, it all goes to hell. Coaches are on the wrong teams, I see a guy with -23000 XP

some teams have 4 coaches, other have 1
it's possible there's a lot more info than what the Roster config leads me to believe that's in the save file
Old 02-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #14
Pro

update on this one from some time ago

I actually did manage to migrate my roster to a new dynasty so I can continue past 60 years

had to do a half baked sort of thing

Copy all players from Dynasty to Roster file
Start Dynasty
Copy all Coaches from old Dynasty to new Dynasty file

and it worked, i'm in my 3rd season

I also modified the web page creator to allow for continuation

I also discovered a bug in the game, it looks like only a certain number of coaches can be created to replace a retired coach in the offseason, so some teams will end up with less than 3 coaches. You can work around this by creating a coach and assigning him to the new team, and then making him CPU controlled

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »