Home

Generic DB Editor "Item with the same key" error

This is a discussion on Generic DB Editor "Item with the same key" error within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #9
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Generic DB Editor "Item with the same key" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mac
I tried to load my USR-DATA.MC02 file and I got a message saying:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'NCalc. Version=1.3.8.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I was tyring to see if there is a solution to this issue?
I keep getting this same error. Did you ever find a fix for it?
Old 01-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #10
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1

Just to add to this discussion, I just ran into a problem when I started my dynasty and changed all records, coach and team, historical and present, to 0-0. I got the item with the same key error, and didn't know why.

I created the generic config, and found in the COCH (coach) tab, CCID is the individual coach ID. There were about 4 dups in there, and I just reassigned those numbers to numbers in the 800s. Boom. Problem fixed.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm in year 2018...but going into 2019, the EA DB Editor just randomly stops working. I can edit 2018 fine all the way up until the championship since I use the Playoff system. But soon as the championship is done and I go into the off-season, I cant load it in the Editor anymore. I continue to get an error which doesnt allow me to load it up. Any ideas?

Could it be the duplicate things you guys were talking about? I did a mass edit which I think may have caused the issue. I mass edited all shoulder pads to be tight and at 0. This changed about 255 Player IDs. But i went in, and changed all player IDs back to what they originally were, and I still am getting the error. Could it be anything else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2016, 10:56 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
The answer was given above. Within the Database file that is being edited, sometimes a duplicate key is formed, causing instability within the template. You have to manually locate the duplicate and remove it, as stated above.
has anyone ever had the "An item with the same key has already been added." error and it NOT be caused by duplicate PGID values?

I checked out the PLAY tab but there are no duplicate PGIDs. Does anyone know where else I should look to solve this? I don't know what else could be causing this.

Thanks.

#GoPackGo
Old 11-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
has anyone ever had the "An item with the same key has already been added." error and it NOT be caused by duplicate PGID values?

I checked out the PLAY tab but there are no duplicate PGIDs. Does anyone know where else I should look to solve this? I don't know what else could be causing this.

Thanks.
I had the same issue happen about a week ago (verified no duplicates in PGID and another field that it happens sometimes, I think POID or something like that) and have not been able to figure out a solution. It was in the 2nd year of the dynasty and the game just freezes trying to advance to the next week. I've since created a new dynasty but have left that save in case I can figure it out or get a clue from someone here. No luck so far.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:54 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyD
Just to add to this discussion, I just ran into a problem when I started my dynasty and changed all records, coach and team, historical and present, to 0-0. I got the item with the same key error, and didn't know why.

I created the generic config, and found in the COCH (coach) tab, CCID is the individual coach ID. There were about 4 dups in there, and I just reassigned those numbers to numbers in the 800s. Boom. Problem fixed.
try this. just solved the problem for me too

#GoPackGo
Old 11-26-2016, 05:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
try this. just solved the problem for me too
Will try this later tonight. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #16
Rookie

Unfortunately I do not have any duplicate CCID's in the COCH tab. Not sure which tab in my dynasty has duplicate ID's that is not supposed to, but there has to be one somewhere. If I keep digging, hopefully I will find it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »