Home

Incase you want to try something new

This is a discussion on Incase you want to try something new within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
Incase you want to try something new

with NCAA 14 being the last version of the series there's not much new that can be done with the game so I wanted to post this for anybody who still loves the game but wants to try something different...

what me and my brothers use to do to switch things up is first get a slider set you like, that's the most important thing..... but we would start a dynasty with the worst school possible in a trash conference (just 1), create us as a recruit, only about 77-79 ovr so we may be 5*, may not, also so that we would eventually be relevant wherever our players signed.. sim through the first season and track our guys every few weeks for a little added excitement, when we reached the off-season we would see where we commited to, the next season we would mark all of those teams games to play them but we wouldn't create a coach or change anything about the team as we are just student-athletes, left the playbook alone, no recruiting, nothing.. we always had tough sliders so if we wanted to start us when we got in-game we could, but it was still risky because we were still just freshman and benching a 90+ player just to play could bite you in the butt..

also we never played player lock, it was just regular football, but to do a blend of both you could always do player lock on one side of the ball and play regular on the other, or do player lock but with the normal camera view so it's closer to normal, that's better for defense tho.. the other advantage is just being able to call your own plays which is better if you do have challenging settings

we never did it the whole 4 years but it was always fun to do.. I came up with this idea before Road to Glory and all that but in terms of realism I always liked this idea more than Road to Glory, particularly with the player progression

just a random idea for anybody.. oh it's also a good setup for guys who do story mode write ups, maybe starting with Road to Glory then creating your player, idk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Incase you want to try something new

I used something similar before. Any more, I'll usually make myself as coach. After a couple years where I've gained some prestige and established myself somewhere I'd like to be for a while, I'll create a couple recruits that are my "sons". It's kinda cool trying to recruit them to your team or even tracking their progress on another team.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

I have a childhood buddy that doesn't like to get real involved in the recruiting or managing roster process, so we started probably in NCAA 02-04? creating two defensive players and placing them on a team with cool uniforms and stadium (we used Buffalo this past summer). We super sim all offense and special teams and recruiting.. We could get thru a season pretty quick this way, but it made it fun when games were close and your defense actually had to make a stand to give the offense a chance... Only to see them go for a 4th & 3 from the 37 yd line instead of attempting a 53 yd FG for the tie.... hahah
Old 01-14-2015, 01:08 AM   #4
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakroeger
I have a childhood buddy that doesn't like to get real involved in the recruiting or managing roster process, so we started probably in NCAA 02-04? creating two defensive players and placing them on a team with cool uniforms and stadium (we used Buffalo this past summer). We super sim all offense and special teams and recruiting.. We could get thru a season pretty quick this way, but it made it fun when games were close and your defense actually had to make a stand to give the offense a chance... Only to see them go for a 4th & 3 from the 37 yd line instead of attempting a 53 yd FG for the tie.... hahah
I use to play on the same team with my best friend back in middle school when I use to always stay over his house. Basketball and football seasons lol. That was definitely a change up from the norm having 2 people. We would bump up the cpu back then too to make the games tough. It was fun because we had to actually talk about a strategy and communicate and all that as middle schoolers
Old 01-14-2015, 04:14 AM   #5
Just started!

yes,It was fun because we had to actually talk about a strategy and communicate and all that as middle schoolers
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »