Home

Basking in the Playoff's Success, Attention Turns to NCAA Convention

This is a discussion on Basking in the Playoff's Success, Attention Turns to NCAA Convention within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Basking in the Playoff's Success, Attention Turns to NCAA Convention

If not for NCAA 14 I could sell my Xbox 360 add that's the only game it ever plays anymore

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #26
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
Please, hurry up & give the OK for a new college football game. Much rather have that over Madden. NCAA 14 on 360 has been keeping me going and it was just be so refreshing to release a new one soon, with a vastly improved TeamBuilder.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #27
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I miss NCAA.

I also miss those crazy guys that got mad every year because a helmet they liked wasn't in the game.

Ahhhhhhh, the good ol' days.

Haha, I am one of those crazy guys. My favorite to this day was Ben's reasoning of why the facemask everyone wanted was not in the game.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 01-15-2015, 07:30 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

Regarding EA and the NCAA Series, consider:

1. Madden 15 is now 2 years ahead of NCAA with regard to EA's implementation of the Infinity Engine - and soon to be 3 years ahead, assuming no NCAA 16. Unless and until EA can see the possibility of resurrecting the NCAA Series (free of legal entanglements), EA has no incentive to attempt to port the present game to the next-gen consoles or to add features to the existing game. In fact, EA has a positive incentive to not do anything to bring new attention to possible legal actions so long as there is no clear legal path to producing a licensed college game.

2. The Madden Series has only a short future life on the current-gen consoles, unless sales of next-gen consoles prove to be so poor that Microsoft and Sony discontinue those products (not very likely). So, even if EA resurrects the NCAA Series, it is very unlikely to produce a new game for current-gen consoles.

3. If EA takes down the NCAA Servers, online play might cease, unless someone figures out a way to keep that feature alive via alternate online means. Roster development can continue without EA Servers. More people would need to learn how to use the Editors and Rosters can be shared via email and OS Forums. However, EA has an incentive to maintain the Servers so long as they have a potential interest in a future NCAA game, in order to keep the NCAA community connected to EA.

The good news is that, with NCAA 14, EA left us with the best and most versatile game in the series. External editing has created ways to update Rosters, so the game can be kept current by the community. EA does monitor the forums, so they are very aware of what we are doing with regard to modifying Rosters, etc. via external means, to keep the game alive. If the legal situation is sorted out such that EA decides to return to the game, it is possible that we might see some help from EA with regard to the current-gen game.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #29
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Without NCAA I save $60 a year and haven't had to buy a new system. Last I checked you can still play 14. I am perfectly fine without a yearly installment at this point.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
There's is no denying the popularity of football in north america right now. Say what you will about the legal issues, but I believe another NCAA football game will come out in the next few years; too much money is being left on the table. Someone will want to capitalize on this sports popularity.
I was thinking about the close partnership between X1 and EA right now. And then I thought, "Man, Microsoft would move some consoles if they some how came up with an exclusive for NCAA." Just have completely random appearance and ratings. No likeness whatsoever. Random numbers and everything.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I was thinking about the close partnership between X1 and EA right now. And then I thought, "Man, Microsoft would move some consoles if they some how came up with an exclusive for NCAA." Just have completely random appearance and ratings. No likeness whatsoever. Random numbers and everything.
And the wonderful roster editors here at OS can take care of the rest!! A next-gen version of NCAA would be amazing! Probably wont be seeing anything until at least NCAA 17 though..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2015, 01:44 AM   #32
Rookie

Tdgsport27's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
Without NCAA I save $60 a year and haven't had to buy a new system. Last I checked you can still play 14. I am perfectly fine without a yearly installment at this point.
I've always thought NCAA should release a new title once every two years.

Then they could make a downloadable update available every year in-between. Of course that can't happen now and it would never happen just because of money.

They never changed much in back to back years and it would always take at least two years to revamp the menus/themes or release an actual "new" feature

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »