Home

Ratings based on stats

This is a discussion on Ratings based on stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Rookie

Brady11's Arena

OVR: 0
Ratings based on stats

Has anyone ever based the rating of players based on there production. For instance if a rb has a 2,000 yard season and is senior he should be drafted. But the game doesn't draft him because of his overall so do you guys boost the overall so he gets drafted. Or if your rb has a down year where he only rushes for 600 yards on 200 carries make his rating worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Toastandtoaster's Arena

Re: Ratings based on stats

I like to do that. I'm not one for going through each and every teams players and their stats but checking over the league leaders for gems, I bump them up. But not everyone. As in real life just because someone performs well in college means little to nothing in terms of production in the NFL. So depending on the player and their current skills, I'll bump up just awareness or all related skills. Really it just comes down to randomness. Eh, I don't really want to raise him lol. But for my on team, as related to the gophers, I'm a huge fan and I play with current rosters most of the time and when I read newspaper article after article about how Shannon Brooks is a huge homerun threat with his combination of speed and power. Check my rosters, 90 trucking, 75 elusiveness, 83 speed and 82 accel. WAIT! Homerun threat with those speeds? Let me bump those up a bit to around 88 each to start. There we go, now that looks right for what I see on TV. Not enough to be extremely dangerous against big 10 powers, but the weak teams early in the year, oh yeah. Huge threat. So I suppose there is more attention to the team I follow in real life, but to answer your question, yeah. I do it a little. Too much and your Georgia state has an a+ in pro potential. Not to realistic there's but yeah, some rating boosts I feel are more realistic in that recruiting grade.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady11
Has anyone ever based the rating of players based on there production. For instance if a rb has a 2,000 yard season and is senior he should be drafted. But the game doesn't draft him because of his overall so do you guys boost the overall so he gets drafted. Or if your rb has a down year where he only rushes for 600 yards on 200 carries make his rating worse.
It's also possible the 2,000 yard back was too small for the draft. They need to be at least 5'9" and 175 lbs if they are going to be drafted.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

I don't usually change ratings, but I have changed the height and weight of top guys to make sure they get drafted. I hate it when there's a 90+ overall player who doesn't get drafted simply because the game thinks they're too small

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 03-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Brady11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
It's also possible the 2,000 yard back was too small for the draft. They need to be at least 5'9" and 175 lbs if they are going to be drafted.

I get that sometimes they aren't drafted because of height or weight, but I'm saying if they don't get drafted because of there overall even though they have the stats to be drafted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

A few years ago north Texas had some stud rushers eclipse 2000 yards who didn't get drafted or went in the 7th because it was against sun belt competition
Old 03-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Brady11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
A few years ago north Texas had some stud rushers eclipse 2000 yards who didn't get drafted or went in the 7th because it was against sun belt competition
Still got drafted

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
Jamario Thomas had 1,801 yards for North Texas as a freshman in 2004. He went undrafted after finishing his career with 3,496 (talk about a letdown).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »