Home

Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

This is a discussion on Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
See Braylon Heard. Kid hasnt done any thing in his 3 years of college ball. He just declared after his Jr year. I dont think he has rushed for 600 yards total in 3 yrs.

I for the most part let guys leave. I just wish I could get more transfers to come to me. Although after my 1st season with MTSU I have a Freshman DT transfering to me that will be #1 or 2 on my Depth chart in year 3.
I only have circumstantial evidence on this and haven't felt the need to experiment, but in the past it seemed like the only time I got incoming transfers was when I didn't have a complete roster to start the season. I think that if you keep your roster @ ~67 then you might see some transfers.

This is a completely untested theory though.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 PM   #18
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I only have circumstantial evidence on this and haven't felt the need to experiment, but in the past it seemed like the only time I got incoming transfers was when I didn't have a complete roster to start the season. I think that if you keep your roster @ ~67 then you might see some transfers.

This is a completely untested theory though.
I will back you up on this. It is untested on my end as well but gotten a few when I am around 65 players on my roster and a need at that position.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I faced a quandry recently when I had a couple guys want to leave early. Two were easy decisions. One, a redshirt junior WR, had broken the single season record for TD catches as a sophomore. As a junior he broke the career TD catches record. He was injury prone and had spent two of three years with me with season ending injuries, so besides just productivity I could imagine him not wanting to stay around another year for risk of that. My redshirt junior TE was a two time 1,000 yard receiver and a prototype NFL TE. I let him walk.

When it came to my redshirt Sophomore QB, I couldn't just let him walk. He was a blue chip who could have started day one but didn't make his first start till sophomore year. He broke a TD record with 9 scores in his first start (FCS school) and was dominant versus some top 10 opponents, throwing only 1 pick before leaving the 4th game with a season ending injury. His replacement, a true freshman, took over a hot offense and kept it that way and ended up setting an NCAA record for passer rating. Despite that, I intended to start the veteran. I was surprised he wanted to leave, and I ended up using the convince options for him. Had it been real life I think any coach would have talked to him about him returning as starter and also about not leaving when he could drastically improve his stock by staying one more year.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #20
Rookie

I usually let the guys go who either

Are a backup thats not going to play because the guy ahead of him is. Coming back

Or had declare early stats the past couple of seasons
Old 02-08-2015, 01:56 PM   #21
Rookie

To make things more challenging over the course of a longer dynasty I've actually considered starting to "force" guys into the draft who would declare in real life but don't in the game by cutting them. It would hurt the school's "pro potential" rating for recruiting but it would allow me to recruit more players each year (limit myself to 70 total returners+recruits) and prevent depth chart log-jams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

My rule is not use convince on anyone who's projected Rounds 1-3, as this will still help my pro potential rating. If the player is projected Rounds 4-7, it's a judgment call. I typically don't like to let redshirt sophomores leave that early, but I'm more willing to let reshirt juniors go, especially if I have a young player behind them to take the role or if I'm not feeling challenged enough. I justify the distinction because I want all the players to stay 4 years to "earn their degree."
Old 02-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #23
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

I just let 2 soph's transfer due to playing time. They wanted to go some where else. Let them go.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #24
Rookie

I know this was an option in earlier versions of the game, but I haven't been able to even look at my roster or depth chart during the Leaving Early process. Sometimes the decision to persuade comes down to whether or not his absence would cripple the team or not. And I can't decide that until I have a better picture of who else I have on my team. For some reason I'm just not able to find it, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »