Home

What is the SIM style of football?

This is a discussion on What is the SIM style of football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2015, 11:28 PM   #17
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What is the SIM style of football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
A lot of these don't seem fun, and I definitely wouldn't want to join those leagues. I run the option, you're telling me I'm limited to 300yds rushing? Granted, that's a good amount, but...

Anyone I've played in the leagues I'm in, all of which are hosted on here, would tell you I'm sim, but there's a line, I think sine of these cross it.
That would be 300 yards per RB. Are you saying you go over that with one player every game?

As for the TE with almost 2,500 yards in nine games...holy crap, that is not sim. We have two guys that come close to abusing the TE every game against the CPU. Nobody says anything because they get beat by most of the users due to being so one dimensional. They usually throw multiple INTs in user vs user games.

As long as you are having fun with the game is all that matters.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What is the SIM style of football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
A lot of these don't seem fun, and I definitely wouldn't want to join those leagues. I run the option, you're telling me I'm limited to 300yds rushing? Granted, that's a good amount, but...

Anyone I've played in the leagues I'm in, all of which are hosted on here, would tell you I'm sim, but there's a line, I think sine of these cross it.
Again, it's up to those who host the OD's to determine what they want out of the games. It's a tough thing to become universal when implying rules. Heck, it's tough for sports game developers to be universal in creating games. It's why we see half arcade, half sim (usually 90% arcade, 10% sim) when approaching the masses.

I think the best thing to take away from the "rules" is to pick and choose which one you would like to implement for yourself - like you said some may cross the line in your eyes, but others may find it refreshing.

I don't play in any OD's, but I was BIG into Madden 2001 and 2002 with online franchises, heck, I was the commish of 1 and participant in 18 others at one time - no joke. I got real used to playing a certain way - and it's nice to see that a lot of the rules the guys have posted are right up there with how I was "raised".

Anywho, if I truly think about it, playing "sim" was the path for me to join the likes of MaddenMania and eventually OS - so I'd say all of it is good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »