Home

Who has had a legendary season with a player?

This is a discussion on Who has had a legendary season with a player? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who has had a legendary season with a player?

I am having a legendary season with my quarterback in my online dynasty. Through 10 games he is 103/187 passing for 1885 yards and 24 tds and 7 ints. He also has 1565 rushing yards on 185 carries for 23 tds and only 3 fumbles. It is on All-American, but I am not padding his stats. Some games he doesn't have to have a huge game and in others he has to have 200 passing and 200 rushing. Anyways he is killing it and I am wondering if anyone else has had a legendary season like this without padding stats??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
Rookie

GoldnKnight22's Arena

Re: Who has had a legendary season with a player?

A lot of read option?

I wish they didn't make QB running so broken in this game. I mean, it's the least broken game they've ever made, and I'm not one to generally complain, but I see all the time people raving about how many rushing yards their QBs have.

It just seems too easy to do so.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldnKnight22
A lot of read option?

I wish they didn't make QB running so broken in this game. I mean, it's the least broken game they've ever made, and I'm not one to generally complain, but I see all the time people raving about how many rushing yards their QBs have.

It just seems too easy to do so.
That's what sliders are for. With proper sliders the read option is perfectly fine. I run a run-first spread option attack and I've had some really good option QBs. So far (through 2024) I've only had 1 QB rush for 1,000 yards in a season and I've never had one average 5 YPC (the OP's ridiculous numbers has his QB averaging 8.5).

Here are all of my 900+ yard rushers so far. Even my HBs #s aren't crazy as I haven't had anyone average 6 YPC. My rushing #s are actually too low compared to real life, but I prefer that to over inflated numbers like the OPs.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (28.2 KB, 156 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 01-15-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

I understand they are somewhat unbelievable. But he is literally a tank. a 6ft 230 lb QB who was an athlete projected linebacker. He is a redshirt junior 89 speed 80 strength and can literally run through or by people. I don't like running the pure read option with him because I have a speed back, what is the point of running a speed back right up the gut and running your Dak Prescott esque QB to the outside? So I run the midline option to get my halfback to the outside and my quarterback inside. When the DT commits to the halfback it's easy chicken. QB wrap is nice too, and i sub my fullback in for nice qb power plays.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Not trying to get too defensive, but I actually think my numbers are under-inflated compared to others I've seen. Though I do see your guys point and will take his stats with a grain of salt from here on out. Thanks for the input
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Zeke Elliot has 2593 yards coming into week 13. He had 2707 his junior season and won the heisman. His sophmore season he had 1368 and also won the Heisman. He is the frontrunner for it this year with Jalin Marshall and Joey Bosa in a close 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
Not trying to get too defensive, but I actually think my numbers are under-inflated compared to others I've seen. Though I do see your guys point and will take his stats with a grain of salt from here on out. Thanks for the input
Dude play the game the way you want. The read option is hard to stop in the real world and in the video game world. While I do agree that it is a little to powerful in NCAA 14, it can be limited with sliders. I spent 10 years teaching high school kids how to run the read and I can tell you it is hard to stop with the right players. With that said the game is fun when you find those special players. I posted a week ago in the "How's your dynasty going" thread about the 4 year career of my QB. Finding and playing with guys that are better then everyone else in the game is why some of us play the game. I don't mind the crazy stats since it is a video game and just fantasy.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Dude play the game the way you want. The read option is hard to stop in the real world and in the video game world. While I do agree that it is a little to powerful in NCAA 14, it can be limited with sliders. I spent 10 years teaching high school kids how to run the read and I can tell you it is hard to stop with the right players. With that said the game is fun when you find those special players. I posted a week ago in the "How's your dynasty going" thread about the 4 year career of my QB. Finding and playing with guys that are better then everyone else in the game is why some of us play the game. I don't mind the crazy stats since it is a video game and just fantasy.
I've been coaching youth football for 3 years and worked as an equipment manager for an FBS team for a year too. I'm trying to get into high school coaching inbox me if you have any advice, specifically the read option. I've heard some people say they don't teach the quarterback to "read" at all and they are taught to just hand it off unless the defender literally forces them to keep it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »