Home

Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over Ncaa?

This is a discussion on Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over Ncaa? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #17
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over N

i have to agree with that ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #18
F*n *s G**d

plez2002's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

ohiost said:
Hardboiler,

I totally agree with you. Gotta watch what you say though because anything considered negative, even if constructive, against an EA product is grounds for all out war in these forums, unfortunately.

I'm not so sure about that...

IMHO, most flame wars around here tend to break out when fans of one company's game go to a forum of a competing game and talk about why they think their game is so much better than the other one. Plus (and I know this may be an unpopular statement), there's quite a few Sega/VC fans here who are just as sensitive to criticism of their games as EA fans supposedly are...
Old 06-02-2004, 07:36 PM   #19
MVP

Chuck's Arena

Quote:

ndfan4life said:
are you an illini fan also?

yes
Old 06-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #20
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3

How can you say the gameplay doesnt need to be changed? The tackling in NCAA and even Madden, sucks. It is the most unrealistic tackling in any game. The blocking is pathetic. Other than that, the gameplay is good.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:08 PM   #21
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

well it is starting to change, the defense physics engine for madden is being changed and if its a hit, no pun intended, i'm sure it'll be implemented into ncaa 06
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

timmg said:
Quote:

ohiost said:
Hardboiler,

I totally agree with you. Gotta watch what you say though because anything considered negative, even if constructive, against an EA product is grounds for all out war in these forums, unfortunately.
This game is over-rated IMHO. Running game sucks period. Has forever. Hardly any broken tackles, running in place, no running outside, run blocking in general, great backs tiring after 2-3 carries, fumbles getting launched 35-40 yards, computer AI playcalling, very limited animations, same engine as Madden 2000, no gang tackling, too many teams playing exactly the same, QB accuracy, conveniently dropped passes by wide open recievers rated in the 90's, very limited open field running, etc, etc.
If this game didn't have great atmosphere people would look at it totally different. You know the old saying "Love is Blind", well, it certainly holds true in NCAA's case.
I just don't get it. The AI in this game is horrible on both sides of the ball. This game is just way too pass happy with too many recievers or backs going down after 1st contact. College ball is full of spectacular plays with guys breaking lots of tackles and getting loose in the open field.
This game has fallen victim to it's own success and has focused on nothing but fluff and atmosphere for 3-4 years now. You can definately tell VC isn't making a college game anymore. Madden has had to finally implement changes because they now have competition from someone.
Feel free to look up some of my old posts and you'll see you aren't alone brother.

ohiost

"cocaine is a hell of a drug"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »