Home

What Is Your Favorite NCAA Football Game?

This is a discussion on What Is Your Favorite NCAA Football Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #25
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What Is Your Favorite NCAA Football Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
So you mean?

Couldn't you suspend players in the 06 or 07 game? They would act out like miss class, or have some off the field issues and you could discipline them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #26
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mac
Couldn't you suspend players in the 06 or 07 game? They would act out like miss class, or have some off the field issues and you could discipline them.
It was a budget system, with three categories I think. For example, you could budget 50% toward recruiting, 30% toward player progression, and then 20% for discipline. I miss that system. I would usually keep reducing my discipline budget, but if you go too low, then you wouldn't have enough points to address a random discipline issue with one of your players that would pop up. If you ran out of discipline points, then players would go unpunished and the "NCAA interest meter" would rise. Get up to red and you'd likely be facing sanctions.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 02-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #27
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
It was a budget system, with three categories I think. For example, you could budget 50% toward recruiting, 30% toward player progression, and then 20% for discipline. I miss that system. I would usually keep reducing my discipline budget, but if you go too low, then you wouldn't have enough points to address a random discipline issue with one of your players that would pop up. If you ran out of discipline points, then players would go unpunished and the "NCAA interest meter" would rise. Get up to red and you'd likely be facing sanctions.
that is the one...if players did something wrong and you turned a blind eye the NCAA would focus on you more and thus you had heat. I loved this NCAA. Don't know why they went away from this when innovation was already here and progression was the route that should have been taken. Instead, it was renovation after renovation that actually regressed this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »