Home

Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses

This is a discussion on Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2015, 12:27 AM   #25
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It's been known for over a year that the option playbooks are overpowered in the sim engine. From my experience it's also the 25/75 run/pass ratio that those teams have that exacerbates things. In my dynasties I swap out the Army, Navy, and GT playbooks (Air Force seems to be fine) and I change their ratioes to 30/70. I do this for their assistants too for when they get hired as HCs elsewhere.

Navy and GT are still decent, but not overpowering. In my 1st major dynasty GT won the NC in 2014 (before I knew to change their PB). Since I've made the change I've played 35 seasons and neither GT, Army, nor Navy have ever won a NC. In my current dynasty I've done 13 seasons w/ an 8 team playoff (Big 5 conference champs get 1 bid, best mid major gets 1 bid and 2 at larges based on best BCS rank) and only once has Navy made the playoffs and GT has made it 3 times (Army has never come close).

I'm surprised to see a couple of people say that Northwestern became a powerhouse. In my 1st main dynasty (which went through 2037) I spent 16 seasons @ Michigan. In those 16 seasons Northwestern only had 4 non-losing seasons and their best record was 8-5. In my current dynasty I've never been in the B1G and just last season Northwestern had been so bad for so long that I actually kicked them out of the B1G for Notre Dame. I didn't decide to do this lightly either as I went through 2037 in my 1st dynasty and never kicked ANYONE out of the B1G. However, in my new dynasty NW has simply been horrible and I couldn't justify them staying. In their 1st season as the only independent they went 2-10 with 6 or 7 of their games coming against mid majors.

what did you change there play book to? i want to lesson there ability to become a powerhouse but also dont want them to stop running the option. is that plausible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #26
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
what did you change there play book to? i want to lesson there ability to become a powerhouse but also dont want them to stop running the option. is that plausible?
I changed one to "spread option." I like this because it keeps them running the option and their QB gets a lot of carries. I didn't think about this (and it doesn't bother me) but someone pointed out that doing this removes the FB from their offense and he'd prefer a PB that gets the FB carries.

I changed one to "Air Force" which has some flexbone and other formations in it, but isn't OPed like Army/GT/Navy PBs.

I changed the other "Run Balanced" which has a bunch of formations in it and is really run heavy.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #27
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

thanks for the info
Old 02-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #28
Rookie

I have played a lot of dynasties, and besides the option there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to teams rising. Boise State and Utah State usually do well. NIU usually gets up there to, but these are real life teams that do well.

Rutgers did have a nice run in one dynasty, I think it was a 3 year stretch where they were top 10. But overall, not much happens like that. Usually same ole same old. I did play every game for Illinois 3 years in a row and they rose up the ranks and recruited decently (CPU team in my Missouri dynasty) and they stayed top 15 for a few years, but faded.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #29
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm still on NCAA 12, but I still see a lot of the same as you guys. Usually the service academies turn into quality programs (though not quite powerhouses), one school from the MAC (generally Ohio or Miami), and Georgia Tech. The big differences that I see are at least two SEC schools like; Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Alabama while still good programs, fall from perennial top 15 programs and another SEC school (usually Ole Miss) steps into the limelight. In the PAC-12, USC usually hovers around a #20-25 ranked program while Arizona State jumps into the spotlight, along with Oregon.

The big surprise to me, is seeing Troy dominate. It's gotta be their style of play. They default at Air Raid and seem to always target another Air Raid coach. I usually see their QB among the top 3 in passing yards every season and many times they're ranked at the end of each season. In fact, in my current dynasty they just played in the BCS NCG.

Last edited by mattynokes; 02-16-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:17 PM   #30
Rookie

Bowling Green and UL layette are always in the top 25 in mine
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #31
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckid8
Bowling Green and UL layette are always in the top 25 in mine
Same. Anyway how can you check for the type of offense. I can't seem to find in NCAA 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #32
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihba0002
Same. Anyway how can you check for the type of offense. I can't seem to find in NCAA 14.
Go to Coach Central, then it's in Coach Info.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »