Home

Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses

This is a discussion on Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 AM   #33
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Schools in your dyanasties that always become powerhouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihba0002
Same. Anyway how can you check for the type of offense. I can't seem to find in NCAA 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Go to Coach Central, then it's in Coach Info.
Unless I'm familiar w/ the coach I do this before every single game that I play so that I know what I can expect from my opponent. Obviously your defensive play calling will be VASTLY different if you're facing a flexbone team that runs 75% of the time as opposed to an air raid team that throws 75% of the time.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #34
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Go to Coach Central, then it's in Coach Info.
I was gonna add an edit to my last post, but I think this deserves a post of its own.

IT'S VERY, VERY IMPORTANT TO USE "B" TO BACK OUT OF A COACH'S EDIT SCREEN (WHICH IS WHERE YOU SEE THEIR PLAYBOOKS).

IF YOU PUSH "START" THEN YOU WILL RESET ALL COACH XP THAT HE'S GAINED TOWARDS HIS NEXT LEVEL BACK TO 0. IF HE HAD 23,995/24,000 AND YOU PUSH "START" TO EXIT INSTEAD OF "B" TO BACK OUT THEN HE'LL GO TO 0/24,000 AND LOSE ALL XP THAT MAY HAVE TAKEN HIM MORE THAN A SEASON TO ACCUMULATE.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #35
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I was gonna add an edit to my last post, but I think this deserves a post of its own.

IT'S VERY, VERY IMPORTANT TO USE "B" TO BACK OUT OF A COACH'S EDIT SCREEN (WHICH IS WHERE YOU SEE THEIR PLAYBOOKS).

IF YOU PUSH "START" THEN YOU WILL RESET ALL COACH XP THAT HE'S GAINED TOWARDS HIS NEXT LEVEL BACK TO 0. IF HE HAD 23,995/24,000 AND YOU PUSH "START" TO EXIT INSTEAD OF "B" TO BACK OUT THEN HE'LL GO TO 0/24,000 AND LOSE ALL XP THAT MAY HAVE TAKEN HIM MORE THAN A SEASON TO ACCUMULATE.

wow i didnt know that. i was wondering why my xp reset to 0 a couple times that may be the reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #36
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
wow i didnt know that. i was wondering why my xp reset to 0 a couple times that may be the reason.
Yes, if you edit your own coach your XP will reset. Therefore if it's a change you really feel you need, it's best to wait until right after you've leveled.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:15 PM   #37
Banned

Colorado State, Ohio and Tulane are constantly in the Top 10 in my dynasty. Teams that have fallen off are Georgia (2*), Auburn (2*) and Stanford (2*).
Old 02-18-2015, 02:15 AM   #38
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Ted Roof led Hawaii to back-to-back National Championships in 2030-2031 (years 18 and 19) in my dynasty. All 3 military academies have appeared in at lest 1 NC game. Urban Meyer ended up at Vandy and led them to a national championship in year 16. UCF has also appeared in 4 NC games (winning 1), though that probably has more to do with them playing in and dominating an otherwise very weak Sun Belt conference in my dynasty.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 02-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #39
Rookie

John Hannah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It's been known for over a year that the option playbooks are overpowered in the sim engine. From my experience it's also the 25/75 run/pass ratio that those teams have that exacerbates things. In my dynasties I swap out the Army, Navy, and GT playbooks (Air Force seems to be fine) and I change their ratioes to 30/70. I do this for their assistants too for when they get hired as HCs elsewhere.

Navy and GT are still decent, but not overpowering. In my 1st major dynasty GT won the NC in 2014 (before I knew to change their PB). Since I've made the change I've played 35 seasons and neither GT, Army, nor Navy have ever won a NC. In my current dynasty I've done 13 seasons w/ an 8 team playoff (Big 5 conference champs get 1 bid, best mid major gets 1 bid and 2 at larges based on best BCS rank) and only once has Navy made the playoffs and GT has made it 3 times (Army has never come close).

I'm surprised to see a couple of people say that Northwestern became a powerhouse. In my 1st main dynasty (which went through 2037) I spent 16 seasons @ Michigan. In those 16 seasons Northwestern only had 4 non-losing seasons and their best record was 8-5. In my current dynasty I've never been in the B1G and just last season Northwestern had been so bad for so long that I actually kicked them out of the B1G for Notre Dame. I didn't decide to do this lightly either as I went through 2037 in my 1st dynasty and never kicked ANYONE out of the B1G. However, in my new dynasty NW has simply been horrible and I couldn't justify them staying. In their 1st season as the only independent they went 2-10 with 6 or 7 of their games coming against mid majors.
There's a third problem with Army and Navy, that isn't exactly fixable. Their program tradition ratings are off the charts. That gives them a leg up on recruiting that tends to bolster their programs significantly even after fixing the playbooks and tendencies.

You can use Xan's editor to change this, but you'll need to do it at the beginning of every season as the game recalculates the rating after every year, and resets historic records at the same time (which is where it gets that rating in the first place).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »