Home

Freak Recruits?

This is a discussion on Freak Recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Freak Recruits?

I know it seems like recruits are recycled, but I still like to see freak recruits. Share your freak recruits (that you didn't create). I would love to see better DT's I rarely see DT's over 300 lbs, wish there were more true nose tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Freak Recruits?

The most freakish recruit I've ever seen was Manuel Estes. 6'5" 210lb FS 82 ovr 4-star gem (78+4) with 97 speed 93 acceleration 85 tackle 80 hitpower 73 man and 78 zone.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
Rookie

martywebb's Arena

Back in NCAA 07, I had an Athlete I recruited to Miami(FL.) I've forgotten his name, but he and my three friends running an offline were attempting to get him. He ended up a DE--6'6"--270, and as a freshman, had 86 speed, 83 strength and very, very high ratings in power moves. I'd manual him and just run my friends out of the pocket nearly every pass play.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
Rookie

I recruited an athlete who had the blocking ability and strength to make it at tight end while having 88 speed. Sadly I redshirted the guy my freshman year and my redshirt freshman and sophomore tight ends tore the field up, so the guy transferred due to playing time and I never got to use him.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonk
The most freakish recruit I've ever seen was Manuel Estes. 6'5" 210lb FS 82 ovr 4-star gem (78+4) with 97 speed 93 acceleration 85 tackle 80 hitpower 73 man and 78 zone.
Beast player. I'm recruiting a guy like him right now. I think I'm gonna move him to OLB and he will be a stud pass rusher/coverage combo guy. Can shut down tight ends and get to the passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
I know it seems like recruits are recycled, but I still like to see freak recruits. Share your freak recruits (that you didn't create). I would love to see better DT's I rarely see DT's over 300 lbs, wish there were more true nose tackles.
I recently began playing this game again and as HC at FAU, I was trying to land a QB who - as a high school senior - had accuracy of 96!!! This means if I would have gotten him, with the QB that would have been a senior the following year, I could have red-shirted him and he would have been 97-99 accuracy as a red-shirt freshman.

The kid chose Notre Dame though... and for some reason he's not their starter. His throwing power is 83, so that's adequate, but if he had come to FAU, he would have been a star in my system.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I recently began playing this game again and as HC at FAU, I was trying to land a QB who - as a high school senior - had accuracy of 96!!! This means if I would have gotten him, with the QB that would have been a senior the following year, I could have red-shirted him and he would have been 97-99 accuracy as a red-shirt freshman.

The kid chose Notre Dame though... and for some reason he's not their starter. His throwing power is 83, so that's adequate, but if he had come to FAU, he would have been a star in my system.
That's pretty legit. I'm guessing you throw it a lot? I have started airing it out again and have a problem throwing picks. The receiver will have a step or two and the defender just eats the cushion up closes on the ball and picks it off. Any suggestions on throwing less picks?
Old 01-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #8
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
That's pretty legit. I'm guessing you throw it a lot? I have started airing it out again and have a problem throwing picks. The receiver will have a step or two and the defender just eats the cushion up closes on the ball and picks it off. Any suggestions on throwing less picks?
There are several things I could suggest... some may seem trivial, but since I don't know you or what you know, try to have some patience...

1: Read the D before AND after the snap. This may seem simple, but knowing if it's Man or Zone can be a huge help.

2: Use your stick to lead your receivers. This depends on your sliders, but having the ability to lead your receivers is nice.

3: Know your players. If you have a WR who has 85 speed, he isn't going to be able to outrun many CB's, so knowing what each WR can do when they're on the field is another key.

4: Because the sliders I use have the Human accuracy so low, I won't start a QB until his accuracy is at least 88. I do throw a ton, and many of them are short, quick passes. For me, I love long drives. Had one yesterday that was 17 plays, 99 yards and took 9:23 off the clock and all 17 plays were passes. In college football, with the clock stopping after each first down, that's one heckuva drive! Point is... don't be afraid to throw short, quick passes. They keep you from being sacked and will open up things for deeper passes later.

5: There are times when Man defense is almost too difficult to beat. Know the routes that beat Man... Hook - Zig - Dig (like a 10-yard In route) and although I rarely use them, Slants can work too.

Reading your post makes me wonder if you're throwing picks from trying to throw from one side of the field to the other... which means the ball is in the air longer, giving the CB time to get to it. Knowing your QB's throwing power will help in that regard too. And timing... a simple 10-yard Out route will beat Man if you have the timing down perfect. Just know when your WR is going to make his cut. You want to throw it just before he cuts, so that when he does make his cut, the ball is already on the way.

To make this easy... if you're on your 20, and on the right hash-mark, and your left slot receiver is running a 10-yard Out - which means he'll be cutting to the Out at the 30, throw when he's at the 29. Timing is everything.

Hope that helps. Passing in this game is fun and a challenge, especially with the right sliders. Can't recall whose slider set I am using, but I got them from someone here in the Slider Thread section. They're very good and realistic. I also play 12-minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »