Home

Two Way Player

This is a discussion on Two Way Player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Two Way Player

Even though guys take a hit in the ratings he can still preform playing two positions. They want be elite at two positions but they can do some good things in small packages of plays/formations.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
If a player on my team wants to go both ways that's his business. I don't get into his private life, I just ask that he give his best effort every time he takes the field.
I definitely laughed out loud after reading this.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

When I run some smaller schools I've redshirt a ton of players so I can build up talent. If I've had to run some hurry-up drives to catch up it's not uncommon for me to see a WR spread of CB's and Safeties. I've had DB's get multiple TD's a year because they come in when the other guys are exhausted, which also happens to be right when I've reached the red zone. These guys get run out by the game when my depth chart is exhausted of fresh guys and it picks the best available from my roster.

I don't see this as much now that I've gotten my offense based on never going past 3 WR's on the field. I'd certainly rather my offensive guys net TD's than defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
When I run some smaller schools I've redshirt a ton of players so I can build up talent. If I've had to run some hurry-up drives to catch up it's not uncommon for me to see a WR spread of CB's and Safeties. I've had DB's get multiple TD's a year because they come in when the other guys are exhausted, which also happens to be right when I've reached the red zone. These guys get run out by the game when my depth chart is exhausted of fresh guys and it picks the best available from my roster.

I don't see this as much now that I've gotten my offense based on never going past 3 WR's on the field. I'd certainly rather my offensive guys net TD's than defenders.
That's why I keep 8 WRs on my roster.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #13
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i for one love having two way players especially if the can cover a lack of depth in some spots. ive had some players like a qb in my arky dyn where he was both qb and the #3 cb and led the sec in ints. its kinda been more norm for my play especially as of late to emplore 2 way players

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 02-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
That's why I keep 8 WRs on my roster.
I used to do things that way, but my a few of favorite offensive plays incorporate a good TE, especially running, so since I was having to recruit them I ended up with a couple good ones. I wanted to keep those guys involved on every play so I came up with my system. Now that I'm accustomed to it, I've realized its far better to have a field stretching TE out there than it is a 4th WR who is not necessarily going to be a better pass catcher than my top TE and who is also going to most likely bring out a better pass defender to face him, while my TE is also really solid in the run.

I put speedy WR's on the outside, a guy who can get open and make catches in traffic on the inside, and on the other side I have a TE who is deadly running post routes, sticks, and even streaks since he has the size to come down with the ball in coverage.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

I had a stud athlete come in that I wanted to put at RB, but I had depth there and none at CB (where he was also highly rated) so I put him there. He had 95+ speed though, and great acceleration, so I put him in on a few shotgun packages at RB when my starter got hurt.

If he didn't have defenders near him he would bust those plays for 20 or more yards pretty regularly, but if he did he would usually get sucked into a tackle. I had good success with the inverted option thing where the RB goes outside, since when you do hand it to him he usually has lots of room.

I don't remember what his OVR as a RB was but it seemed like he got generally worse blocking and was easily sucked into tackles, so I expect elusiveness and awareness took big hits. I didn't try throwing to him really other than the odd screen, where again the blocking seemed worse and he didn't usually break those. Overall, and probably realistically, he was able to perform well in short spells but not consistently. I gave him a few snaps at RB his sophomore year and then one more his senior year for a TD in his last game for sentimental reasons, but it's not a long term solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #16
Rookie

Became HC of Texas Tech in year three of my dynasty and implemented a 4-2-5 defense with the occasional 3-3-5 look. Had a few surprises on that team, like Malachi Dupre having transferred from LSU for some reason. But to the point, real-life TTU RB Justin Stockton was a 96 ovr back by the time I got there and fiddling with the depth chart in the off season I found out he was an 85 ovr OLB. Started him at LOLB and he definitely made some big plays whenever I came with the 3-3-5 look. Don't know if the real Stockton ever played LB at the high school level but his tackling was at least 80 and he had good hit power too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »