Home

Pipelining

This is a discussion on Pipelining within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2004, 02:31 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Pipelining

I hope it does. That's kinda what I do now. I go and play teams from wherever I want to concentrate my recruiting on. I always like to try to have a monopoly over my own area.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

do you think pipelining will also make it so less recruiting points are needed?
Old 06-07-2004, 10:17 AM   #11
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, I do that, too. However, it doesn't seem to matter how often I beat a Texas or Florida team, I don't see an increase in recruiting base in these areas.

At this pt it doesn't matter, because I sign 15 blue star players every year, so I don't really need pipelining.

I really hope they make this portion of the game integral so as to make recruiting tougher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2004, 10:24 AM   #12
Th*t Cr*zy Cr*ck*r

OVR: 7

Question - some people have been talking about pipelining and using the example of a specific high school. I know that's how it works in real life - are there any indications that real high schools are going to be in the game for this purpose? I'm assuming that would be too logistically difficult and that they'll use towns as pipelines, representing the possibility of it being from one high school...any thoughts?
Old 06-07-2004, 10:35 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think pipelining in this game will be referring to the ability to build a deeper team because of the expanded rosters and the ability to redshirt players at more positions.

Pipeling is a sales term. You must continue to fill your pipleline with customers (ie recruits) to be successful. When people talk about a pipeline to a school that is not one form of pipelining or one meaning it is one part of the bigger picture. A continuous flow of athletes from high school to your program to the field. Every one of these phases of the process should be filled at all times so that there are no gaps in recruiting. Think of a kitchen sink. When you turn the faucet on the water keeps running (the water pipeline is full), when you turn it off it stops (its empty).
Old 06-07-2004, 10:38 AM   #14
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Well, from what I can remember in reading the previews, they made it clear that there was to be pipelining from different states.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #15
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

I believe they are referring to pipelining to different states. I.E. How Michigan tries to tap Cali, Texas, and Florida and they are usually successful in spurts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2004, 11:00 AM   #16
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't remember anything about real high schools. That would be more realistic, because does Fresno State have a pipeline to a huge city like Houston just because they get one recruit from a small private school on the outskirts? Of course not, but it would be a daunting task to put in real high schools. Maybe they'll do that eventually, but I'm satisfied right now with the inclusion of a pipeline, whether it applies to towns, regions of a state, or a whole state.

It woudl also be good if they created relatives of older recruits, because that happens in real life a lot. A recruit is much more likely to follow a close relative than not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »