Home

Pipelining

This is a discussion on Pipelining within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2004, 01:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Pipelining

I hear about it all the time, but what is it? Sorry if this is a dumb question or sumthin, but ive never been a fan of college football till last year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2004, 01:13 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Pipelining

Pulling guys from a certain area or state. Say Arkansas got some guys out of Colorado and just kept going back there and getting good recruits
Old 06-06-2004, 01:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I'll give you an example. Bill Callahan was recently hired as head coach of Nebraska, he was a recruiting guru at Illinois. He has a pipeline into Illinois because he knows all the coaches and recruited there before. Another example, let's say you are Florida and you recruit a stud QB from West Virginia, next year you go back and you have 3 recruits from WV interested in you and you recruit all and they all sign with you. Next year you have 7 recruits.. thus pipelining yourself into WV.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:07 AM   #4
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

It also refers to a certain high school being a pipeline for an in-state school. For example, since Pierre Woods went to Michigan, Glenville HS has sent Troy Smith (2002), Donte Whitner and Dareus Hiley (2003), Curtis Terry and Teddy Ginn (2004) to Ohio State. To send 7 players from one school to a national power like the Buckeyes is quite a feat. Further, OSU already has one Glenville commit for 2005 (Jamario O'Neal) and will likely sign one or two more from the school.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:32 PM   #5
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

INeedShades said:
It also refers to a certain high school being a pipeline for an in-state school. For example, since Pierre Woods went to Michigan, Glenville HS has sent Troy Smith (2002), Donte Whitner and Dareus Hiley (2003), Curtis Terry and Teddy Ginn (2004) to Ohio State. To send 7 players from one school to a national power like the Buckeyes is quite a feat. Further, OSU already has one Glenville commit for 2005 (Jamario O'Neal) and will likely sign one or two more from the school.

There are a bunch more from Glenville that are almost committed to OSU for next year. Ohio State migh become the Buckeye Tarblooders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2004, 09:41 PM   #6
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

INeedShades said:

Thats a definite thing in Alabama. Hoover High school near B'Ham sent one to Florida and one to Auburn and 2 to Bama. I'd always been told HHS was an Auburn school b/c they've sent a few there in the past 3 years. Florida fans know Hoover b/c of Chad Jackson, the next "Randy Moss"
Old 06-07-2004, 12:49 AM   #7
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

have they mentioned how this is actually going to work???

What affects your ability to do this? If I schedule games in FL and then go down there and stomp Miami, FSU, and Florida, does that have an impact on my pipelining?
Old 06-07-2004, 01:30 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

hogfan said:
have they mentioned how this is actually going to work???

What affects your ability to do this? If I schedule games in FL and then go down there and stomp Miami, FSU, and Florida, does that have an impact on my pipelining?

It would be cool if it did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »