Home

Ever been fired in Dynasty Mode?

This is a discussion on Ever been fired in Dynasty Mode? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3
Ever been fired in Dynasty Mode?

Wanted to know if anyone's ever been fired as a head coach or coordinator in dynasty mode. Care to share the story behind it? I like to set up my dynasty with harsh house-rules so as to feel the pressure when your team is underperfoming.

There are a lot of success stories in the "How's your dynasty" thread, however I wanted to hear from those of you who've struggled at one point in your dynasty careers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ever been fired in Dynasty Mode?

I got fired in a cupcake NCAA 07 'chise one time.

Contracts are determined by goals in that game that you sign with your contract, and I think one was make it to a bowl game. Whatever the other two were, I completed them.

We went 1-11 year 1, 2-10 year 2, then won 5 of our last 6 to finish 6-6 year 3. Didn't get a bowl invite and got fired.

Needless to say, that was the end of that dynasty haha.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3

There have been a couple of times I have been fired as HC at Michigan. I would just sim the games and recruit players to get my own into the program only to get fired for the team being 6-6 that 1st year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use a primary coach, which is my "win, win, win" coach whose storyline is becoming the greatest. Every handful of seasons, I'll create a secondary coach to try something different--new offensive philosophy, play with lower rated teams, or just have a different storyline.

My current secondary coach just got fired as HC at Boise St after three season. I was experimenting with some house rules to make the game more difficult, i.e., can't recruit above your start rating, no scouting, etc. I played about half the games and simmed the rest during his first two seasons, going 7-6 and 6-7.

My upperclassmen and two recuiting classes must have been pretty bad, because I simmed the third season and Boise St ended up 0-12, leading to his firing.

I was actaully a little delighted by the result. I originally wanted this coach to have "struggling to succeed" storyline and he had had too much success in his first HC job at Western Michigan. So the 0-12 season put his career record under .500.

There was one or two low-level HC positions available for him after getting fired, but I had him sign on as DC at UTSA (now in the American) because I wanted to concentrate on my primary coach's new job for a couple season. There were no HC opportunities after his first season, so he's starting his 2nd year as UTSA's DC now. I'm debating whether his next move should be a HC position at a one-star school, or a DC in the SEC to build up an SEC program and give my primary coach more of a challenge, then take a mid-level HC job.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I jumped into year 5 of an online dynasty. I took Kansas, who had gone 1-11 the year before I got there. In my first year, I went 2-10. The team was REALLY terrible and in a strong Big 12.

I was fired after only one year on the job!!

Man, that ticked me off, especially because I had managed to grab a top 20 recruiting class. I was surprised both that they only gave me one year on the job and that they fired me in an online dynasty!

The commissioner let me hop right back into Kansas for the next season. I had mixed feelings about it. I thought about going somewhere else, just riding the coaching carousel. But, I was invested in the program by then, especially in seeing my recruits succeed. In my second year I went 7-5 and (through a large number of lucky bounces) won the Big 12! In my third year I went 8-4. I'm now in my fourth year, ranked #12, and sitting at 5-1 (2-0). Feels good!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »