Home

playing as OC - bug or glitch when simming defense?

This is a discussion on playing as OC - bug or glitch when simming defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1
playing as OC - bug or glitch when simming defense?

I am currently in my first year as the offensive coordinator at UTEP, a 1* school. I'm playing at 8-0, #2 ranked, Texam A&M and am somehow staying in the game. I score to tie it up at 38-38 with 22 seconds left in the game. After I score, the screen comes up to sim the defense and this is what happens:
  1. I hit "X" to sim 1 play, the extra point is good.
  2. I hit "X" again to sim 1 play, and the screen reads "penalty on the defense"
  3. I hit "X" again to sim 1 play, the screen says "field goal good by UTEP kicker"
  4. I hit "X" again to sim 1 play, now I kickoff to A&M. The clock runs out and I win 41-38.
I have no idea why I got to kick a field goal after I scored and kicked the extra point. Any idea what the "penalty on the defense" could have been that gave me the ball back and let me kick the game-winning field goal? Is this a bug/glitch or is there some other explanation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: playing as OC - bug or glitch when simming defense?

Did their kick returner have a fumble?

Maybe you kicked off, he fumbled, you recovered, and they had a face mask penalty (which would make them the defense since you recovered).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717

Maybe you kicked off, he fumbled, you recovered, and they had a face mask penalty (which would make them the defense since you recovered).

Jello is correct. When multiple items happen on a play during supersim, supersum only lists the latest item to occur rather than breaking out all the events. In Jello's example, you have 1) the fumble, 2) the recovery and 3) the penalty. The penalty is the only item listed.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #4
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
Jello is correct. When multiple items happen on a play during supersim, supersum only lists the latest item to occur rather than breaking out all the events. In Jello's example, you have 1) the fumble, 2) the recovery and 3) the penalty. The penalty is the only item listed.
Thanks. I'll have to check the game stats when I get home. This was easily the biggest upset I've pulled and would feel better if something like you described happened rather than winning b/c of some bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »