Home

Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

This is a discussion on Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:29 PM   #17
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
You could consider resetting your skill tree points in the off-season, then only allocating 1 skill point per number of dynasty years. This would be a way to kind of simulate "slowest" progression without having to restart.

For another reference, I'm on slowest, and I'm at HC level 35 after 27 dynasty years. Not exactly one level per year, but roughly close enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This is a good idea, especially since you're 8 years in Marty. I already do this with my coordinators. I only allow them to spend 2/3 points in any given skill unless it's necessary to get to tier 3 (I don't spend any on the top tier). My last OC was maxed out @ lvl 27, but instead of spending his points I just had 7 unused points for a couple of years.
That's what I think I'm going to do. One skill point per year coached, at 15 seasons I'll go one above that (16 years, 17 points,) and at 25 seasons two above. God I'm so excited to be handcuffed in recruiting some more. And I mean that, lol.

Thank you guys so much. Totally forgot you can leave points sitting in the barrel.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:04 AM   #18
Banned

martywebb's Arena

jello,

On your injury ratings, for your incoming freshman. Do you lower it a percentage, a set number (-30 for all,) or all down to 40 (example?)

Also, are you taking the Awareness increase for Quarterbacks after the season (before Player Training) or after Player Training?

Last edited by martywebb; 03-06-2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: additional question
Old 03-06-2015, 12:37 AM   #19
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
jello,

On your injury ratings, for your incoming freshman. Do you lower it a percentage, a set number (-30 for all,) or all down to 40 (example?)

Also, are you taking the Awareness increase for Quarterbacks after the season (before Player Training) or after Player Training?
I used the injury ratings that someone in the injury thread used and just adjusted them to my likes (IE. I think I subtract less from my QBs than he did because I'm a spread option guy and my QBs get hurt a lot anyway). I use these adjustments:
Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs (-15)
WRs(-10)
Offensive line (-70)
All other offensive players (-20)
Defense: all players (-40)

I just changed my defense to -40 from -35 before. I saw a few DL injuries, but not many. I've seen a few more LB injuries including a couple that were more than for the game. I've had a bunch of corners hurt, so much so that I may end up w/ something like -45/50 for my front 7 and -35 for my back 4.

I keep 4 active HBs and usually 1 RSing guy. Just last season I had 2 HBs miss 4-8 weeks (including my #1 guy who had 1,000+ yard season his 1st 3) and I lost another guy for a quarter while they were both out.

WRs used to lose more, but I lost entirely too many of them so I backed it up to -10.

I've still only seen a few OL injuries and none for more than the game, but I can't go much lower than -70 (some guys are in single digits w/ that). Still, a few is MUCH better than 0 which is what I saw before making adjustments.

For my QB AWR I just remove what they get for in season progression.
IE:
Starting AWR: 58
End of Season AWR: 70
End of Season adjust back down to 58.
Offseason AWR +5 -> 63
Start new season AWR: 63

This only lasts until they hit 70 AWR, then I edit them back to 70 like I do for all of my players.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-06-2015, 01:16 AM   #20
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I used the injury ratings that someone in the injury thread used and just adjusted them to my likes (IE. I think I subtract less from my QBs than he did because I'm a spread option guy and my QBs get hurt a lot anyway). I use these adjustments:
Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs (-15)
WRs(-10)
Offensive line (-70)
All other offensive players (-20)
Defense: all players (-40)

I just changed my defense to -40 from -35 before. I saw a few DL injuries, but not many. I've seen a few more LB injuries including a couple that were more than for the game. I've had a bunch of corners hurt, so much so that I may end up w/ something like -45/50 for my front 7 and -35 for my back 4.

I keep 4 active HBs and usually 1 RSing guy. Just last season I had 2 HBs miss 4-8 weeks (including my #1 guy who had 1,000+ yard season his 1st 3) and I lost another guy for a quarter while they were both out.

WRs used to lose more, but I lost entirely too many of them so I backed it up to -10.

I've still only seen a few OL injuries and none for more than the game, but I can't go much lower than -70 (some guys are in single digits w/ that). Still, a few is MUCH better than 0 which is what I saw before making adjustments.

For my QB AWR I just remove what they get for in season progression.
IE:
Starting AWR: 58
End of Season AWR: 70
End of Season adjust back down to 58.
Offseason AWR +5 -> 63
Start new season AWR: 63

This only lasts until they hit 70 AWR, then I edit them back to 70 like I do for all of my players.
Thank you.

With your players all at 70 max for AWR, how does it play? Making human type errors and what not? Or does it just level the playing field more than anything?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »