Home

UNC on NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on UNC on NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 11:56 AM   #17
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: UNC on NCAA 2005

Our b-ball team went 8-20, but you really didn't expect us to stay there did you? The talent is there as well as the coaches. Contrary to what most believe or think, I hope Bunting succeeds b/c he is a good coach. You might think we are delusional, but that's exactly what they thought too, when we had FSU their worse loss since 1986 in 2001 too. We will be back!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

CizzLark said:
Quote:

Duke is of similar quality to UNC, and every other team on that schedule is superior to the Tar Heels.

where the hell have you been

unc football is far better than duke's and your going to tell me that unc is worse than william & mary, ya right...unc won't be great but i expect them to be bowl eligible by the end of the year

Apparently, you forgot to read the part where I said "William & Mary should be a sure win."

UNC lost to Duke in Chapel Hill last year, which left the Heels dead last in the ACC. In 2002, they needed a last second field goal to beat Duke, thus saving the Heels from finishing dead last in the ACC. Over the past two years, the two teams have performed virtually identically, and they won't be much different this year either.

And once again, UNC has no chance in hell of going to a bowl game this year. If they manage to go 4-7, then they deserve a parade. They're a bad team, and their schedule is extremely tough.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:04 PM   #19
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

people seem to forget how bad a team like Oklahoma was a couple of years before Stoops and the talent arrived. They sucked big time. I'm not saying that we are the next Oklahoma, but to think that we cannot turn it around is ridiculous. Actually, I am shocked that comments like delusional fans is coming from a Maryland fan, who's football team suffered futility for years!!!! Don't forget where yall came from.....THE BOTTOM!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #20
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

elicoleman said:
I guess I'm the only Heels fan that is realistic around here, because there is no way that we do any better than 4-7, but more likely 3-8. We are still too inexperienced and even though we have a great recruiting class, we will not be competitive for another year or so. By the way, who cares if they still have the pride stickers, its not that big of a deal! Just make sure they got the swoosh.

i am the 2nd heels fan that is realistic. i predict we will take william and mary, duke, wake forest and upset someone else. so i predict we go 4 and 7
Old 06-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

TarHeelPhenom said:
people seem to forget how bad a team like Oklahoma was a couple of years before Stoops and the talent arrived. They sucked big time. I'm not saying that we are the next Oklahoma, but to think that we cannot turn it around is ridiculous. Actually, I am shocked that comments like delusional fans is coming from a Maryland fan, who's football team suffered futility for years!!!! Don't forget where yall came from.....THE BOTTOM!!!

Maryland and Oklahoma rose from the ashes because they had excellent coaches who replaced terrible coaches. UNC has a Dr. Phil look-alike who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. When UNC cans Bunting at the end of this year (which is inevitable), hopefully, they will find the right man to take advantage of the solid recruiting classes that they've had.

I realize that Maryland was terrible for the entire decade of the 90's, largely in part due to inept coaching, not unlike the inept coaching that is currently running UNC's program into the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 12:16 PM   #22
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

We beat William & Mary, Duke, Wake Forest, N.C. State, Utah, and we upset either Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech. Barring injury, we go 6-6 and any UNC that doesn't think we can beat a Phillip Riverless N.C. State team in Kenan Stadium might need to check themselves!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #23
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

TarHeelPhenom said:
We beat William & Mary, Duke, Wake Forest, N.C. State, Utah, and we upset either Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech. Barring injury, we go 6-6 and any UNC that doesn't think we can beat a Phillip Riverless N.C. State team in Kenan Stadium might need to check themselves!!!

that is possible but i dont think we can take utah or viginia tech and i think that georgia tech will be the suprising team this year.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #24
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

I work with the cousin of Georgia Tech S James Butler and they are promoting him for the Heisman!! I know Mel Kiper had him on the list of 2005 Top 10 NFL prospects, but Heisman at safety???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »