Home

Running Game

This is a discussion on Running Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 06:28 PM   #9
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Running Game

Sounds like you guys need to play Heisman default. My issues with the running game is the offensive line doesn't carry out their responsibilities like they should. Most of the run plays use zone blocking schemes. Since that's the case what the linemen should do is combo the first level defenders and work their way to the second level (linebackers). This rarely happens. The offensive line will combo the first level, but they usually leave the second level unblocked. Human players can simply control a second level defender and shoot the gaps on run plays and blow them up in the backfield. That's very annoying and happens online quite a bit against the top players. Also the blocking logic on plays that call for the linemen to pull isn't quite right. On the counter plays when the backside guard pulls, the center should block down on the defender in the gap where the guard left. The playside tackle and guard should combo the defensive tackle and work to the middle linebacker. The tightend should take the playside backer and leave the defensive end unblocked. The backside guard who is pulling trap blocks the defensive end and the ball carrier runs inside of that block. In NCAA it's not like that at all which renders these plays useless, at least on the Heisman default level.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

gatorboysam said:
Running the ball last year was just way to easy. I'm glad they changed it to make it a little bit more challenging.

lets just hope the cpu can run the ball effectivly with the new system.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

My main problem with the running game was the on-and-off framrate dips.

Judging from the IGN video preview, they're still there -- and possibly worse than ever.

Hopefully it's just the video compression on IGN's movies.

Why can't EA clean this up? It's not like the game is a graphical powerhouse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 05:41 PM   #12
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

I have had the PS2 version every year and have never noticed frame rate dips.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:53 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

hogfan said:
I have had the PS2 version every year and have never noticed frame rate dips.

Yeah, me neither. Only time I have noticed any type of problems with smoothness is after the play when players are getting up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »