Home

Running Game

This is a discussion on Running Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 02:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Running Game

Two things I noticed in one of the recent videos on IGN have me feeling positive about the running game mechanics in 2005. The specific video I'm referring to shows TCU running a simple off tackle right (or maybe ISO right).

1) The RG (#73 I think) comes off the line and really drive-blocks the LB. Even after the tackle is in progress, he re-engages with the LB for another good block about 10 yards downfield. I don't recall seeing this level of detail in previous versions.

2) The defensive backs don't automatically know it's a running play within nano-seconds of the snap. My biggest complaint about 2004 was that the CPU's safeties and LBs almost instantaniously reacted to the run and clogged the inside running lanes. All of my big gains were running to the outside. That's why I dropped 2004 and went back to 2003.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Running Game

Yeah i agree with both your points. Seems like the running game has been tightened up nicely. This is good news, even though I did pretty well running the ball last year. The passing is what gets me.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #3
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I totally agree with you on the running game. Though I always had more success hitting the middle than taking it ot the outside. Seems like very time I tried to run a sweep the DB would be across the line of scrimmage about the time the QB was handing the HB the ball. Very Annoying.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah that annoys the heck out of me to.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:11 PM   #5
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

gatorboysam said:

ditto.

The FB up the middle was always a money play for me on short yardage/goal line. I hope that's a little harder to do this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

bh446066 said:
Quote:

gatorboysam said:

ditto.

The FB up the middle was always a money play for me on short yardage/goal line. I hope that's a little harder to do this year.

that and the hb tackle out the ace formation was never stopped for a gain of less than 30 yards. it got annoying after a while.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Money for me was always the Power Option out of ShotGun with a fast QB and RB. Could sometimes get 90 yard runs this way. A bit too easy.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Running the ball last year was just way to easy. I'm glad they changed it to make it a little bit more challenging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »