Home

how pipelining could help the game

This is a discussion on how pipelining could help the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #17
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: how pipelining could help the game

Quote:

FSU_Animal said:
Are you guys saying that Pipelining is in NCAA 2005?

Now that would be sweet! FSU is getting better and better while I decide to control California (my second favorite thanks to Kyle Boller) or SMU.

yes pipelining is in 2005
Old 06-09-2004, 10:15 AM   #18
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I remember in NCAA 2003, it was always Marshall that became a consistent powerhouse. It drove me crazy because back then we couldn't play CPU games.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #19
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

so much HATE for North Texas!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's pretty easy. They're able to recruit well because of great presteige. CPU teams without it don't do nearly as well.

EA should max out presteige for non human, non BCS conference teams.

It's as if they don't take into account their competition.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Getting this right shouldn't be that hard. It really shouldn't. They just need to base moving up in prestige on RANKING rather than RECORD. I know the ranking has to be a math based system since it has to be decided by a CPU but good ones are out there. I mean you aren't going to get to be ranked #5 in the RPI playing all creampuffs and there are better systems out there than the RPI. All they need is to divide the 1-117 rankings into fractions. Say 1-17 is the expected outcome for six stars. 18-37 for 5 stars. 38-57 for 4 stars and so on. You get to move up in prestige if your finish two or more groups ahead of your expected ranking or one group ahead for three consectutive years. Inverse logic appies to moving down in prestige.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 02:28 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Victory said:
Getting this right shouldn't be that hard. It really shouldn't. They just need to base moving up in prestige on RANKING rather than RECORD. I know the ranking has to be a math based system since it has to be decided by a CPU but good ones are out there. I mean you aren't going to get to be ranked #5 in the RPI playing all creampuffs and there are better systems out there than the RPI. All they need is to divide the 1-117 rankings into fractions. Say 1-17 is the expected outcome for six stars. 18-37 for 5 stars. 38-57 for 4 stars and so on. You get to move up in prestige if your finish two or more groups ahead of your expected ranking or one group ahead for three consectutive years. Inverse logic appies to moving down in prestige.

Something like this sounds very logical and seems very easy to implement. That way the only way North Texas could become a power is to constantly have surprising good seasons for 3 years in a row, and THEN they'de only gain one or maybe 2 stars.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why couldn't they just make a 100 star prestige system? And then if you start as a two star program you really got some problems working your way up the scale..
Old 06-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #24
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

They could also tie some of the prestige in the coach and have fictional instances of coaches retiring or going to the nfl, then a smaller school coach would go to a bigger school. The school he left would take a drop in prestige. So when North Texas becomes great the coach would leave to coach Texas and then North Texas would take a prestige loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »