Home

Freshman and Unknown Stars

This is a discussion on Freshman and Unknown Stars within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2004, 09:57 AM   #49
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Freshman and Unknown Stars

Quote:

lordsin said:
PSU is famous for not playing their freshmen but they have at least one guy who has a chance to start this year:

Dan Connor, LB

I'm actually excited for this season's game, because PSU had a great recruiting class according to the "experts". I plan on seeing how difficult the new HFA has made my life when I have them all in the game.

Let's not forget Paul Posluzney (So.) LB, Paul Jefferson (Sr.) redshirted fullback, Austin Scott (So.) RB, Rodney Kinlaw (Rs Fr.) RB.

PSU has a ton of talant but is a young team...Strong a QB, Strong at RB, Strong Secondary and Linebackers...we'll make some noise...
Old 06-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:

Heel_Fan said:
Vince Wilson freshman rb at carolina. A rivals top 50. FSU and UF were all over this kid. All-state from Florida at the 5-a level, rushed for 1900 yards as a senior. Check it out. Vince Wilson

What??? I don't know that kid... There's no way UF and FSU were all over him... Manson committed early in the recruiting process and FSU got Edwards... Not sure who Vince Wilson is and I follow recruiting pretty close...
Old 06-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #51
Rookie

clearly not closely enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #52
Rookie

randyf's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with arky...UF and FSU were not after Wilson....I too followed recruiting very heavily...the gators never offered...I am positive on this one....Manson committed early and he was a 4 * Rb ....Wilson is a 2*
Old 06-14-2004, 04:52 PM   #53
Rookie

For Christ's sake South Florida didn't even offer him. If South Florida doesn't offer him and FSU and UF didn't he's hardly a "can't miss" prospect. (FSU didn't offer. See his profile on theinsiders.com)
Old 06-14-2004, 05:52 PM   #54
Rookie

iromerliciousi's Arena

OVR: 4

USC is stacked..

QB
#17 John David Booty

RB
#25 Chauncey Washington

WR
#4 Whitney Lewis
#2 Steve Smith
Fred Davis
Dwayne Jarrett
Derrick Jones

TE
#86 Dominque Byrd
Dale Thompson

OL
#79 Sam Baker
#60 Drew Radovich
#70 Alatini Malu
#73 John Drake
Thomas Herring
Deuce Lutui
Chilo Rachal

DL
#92 Manuel Wright
#9 Chris Barret
#96 Lawrence Jackson
Jeff Schweiger Jr
#97 Alex Morrow
#91 Van Brown

LB
Keith Rivers
#41 Thomas Williams
Ryan Powdrell
Eugene Germany

DB
#24 Justin Wyatt
#46 Eric Wright
#28 Terrell Thomas
Josh Pinkard
Scott Ware

Yeahhh all of these players were all Highly recruited in HighSchool/JC and will be future stars at SC..the talent just keeps coming at SC*
Old 06-14-2004, 06:32 PM   #55
Rookie

They didn't offer because he had almost zero chance of qualifying, and they spent their scholarships elsewhere. When he finally did qualify, UNC had a scholarship left, and gave it to him.

there's been plenty of guys the FL schools barely paid attention to that went on to star elsewhere. Antonio Bryant ring a bell? Brad Banks? Claude Harriot? FSU and Miami didn't pay any attention to Larry Edwards (although UF and LSU did), and he was a frosh AA last year. This kid dominated 5A ball in florida, which is a pretty good indicator. Did any of you gurus actually watch his film, BTW? The proof will be in the pudding in a couple of years, but this kid is just as promising as 90% of other recruits out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 12:55 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:

BigT34 said:
there's been plenty of guys the FL schools barely paid attention to that went on to star elsewhere. Antonio Bryant ring a bell? Brad Banks? Claude Harriot? FSU and Miami didn't pay any attention to Larry Edwards (although UF and LSU did), and he was a frosh AA last year. This kid dominated 5A ball in florida, which is a pretty good indicator. Did any of you gurus actually watch his film, BTW? The proof will be in the pudding in a couple of years, but this kid is just as promising as 90% of other recruits out there.

What does that have to do with anything??? The kid said the florida schools were drooling over some kid who they were not drooling over... We weren't drooling over Bryant, Banks, or Harriot but that's a didn't topic... We would have signed Larry Edwards but we didn't think we had a ship for him till he had already signed with NC... We did get Earl Everrett and Channing Crowder though... 2 Freshman AA's in their own right... FSU got E. Sims the #1 player in the nation on Rivals and the Insiders and LB was not a big need for them that year... Miami signed 4 Lb's that year and 3 of them are from South Florida.. If you've been following recruiting and the miami hurricanes the past 20 years or so, you know you can't go wrong with the south florida players...

Any of those players could have been a freshman AA at UNC...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »