Home

What will be the most competive conference to play in on NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on What will be the most competive conference to play in on NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2004, 06:16 PM   #33
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: What will be the most competive conference to play in on NCAA 2005

I'm going to have to go with the ACC and SEC as well.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Also, OU and Texas play in the cotton bowl in dallas every year so it is a neutral game site, not Texas home.

Ahh thats right. I totally forgot. Although I turned last years game off pretty early in the game.

I agree the Pac 10 will be as competetive as the other leagues because the teams are very close in talent for the most part. But top to bottom the Pac 10 isn't as deep as the ACC or SEC.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:27 PM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

USC is the class of the Pac-10, but every spot is up for grabs after that.

Don't hand the Pac 10 title to USC just yet. They lost a lot of talent in the offseason, even if Mike Williams is able to come back.

Cal beat them last year, and is making leaps and bounds every year under coach Tedford. And they return just about everyone. Oregon St. under Mike Riley has a ton of talent and are making big strides. Oregon lost a lot of talent, but still has a ton. Arizona St. was one of the biggest disappointments in the nation last year, but they still have a ton of skill players, so who knows with them. They are one of those scary teams, who are talented but haven't yet realized it yet, and you never know when they might.

The other teams in the Pac 10 are better than people are giving them credit for, and they could surprise some people. It's not hard do imagine an year in which SC takes a step back, while several Pac 10 teams improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #36
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Your overall point was made, but you made an error by lumping Arkansas with those other schools.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:00 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

hogfan said:
Your overall point was made, but you made an error by lumping Arkansas with those other schools.

You're right..
Old 06-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #38
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

caddis_fly1 said:
Its funny to see how all the ACC fans are now saying they have the toughest conference since they added the Canes and VT. Thats all they really have, FSU is a has been, they are no longer a powerhouse team. And Maryland was a fluke... The Canes will rule that conference every year.

FSU a has been, yeah apparently you know nothing about college football. When a team gets hit in the assistant coaching department(Amato to NC ST, Richt to GA) the loss of recruits hurts. Amato was one of our best recruiters and its taken a little time to build back up. Look how long it took Miami to build after the probation. Look at OU before Stoops got there. Look at UF now that Spurrier is gone. Learn the game and how it works before you go spouting off at the mouth rook. I guess by your rules, Ohio State is a has been as well.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #39
bobo3

OVR:

Quote:

studman said:
Miami
FSU
UVA
VT
Maryland
NC St
GT
Clemson

(all can play and beat anyteam in the country)

then u got Wake Forrest who could be up there

only slouches in this conferences are UNC and Duke

that's 8 teams deep, not 4 like the Big Ten (Wisonsin, Michigan, OSU, i'll throw Purdue in there) or 5 like the Big XII (Texas, OU, Neb, Mizzou, K-State) or 5 like the SEC (UT, UF, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama) the ACC is 8 deep... i probably left a team off those conferences, those are the good teams off the top of my head.

I just have to comment on this. UVA, NCST, UMD, GTech, VTech, and Clemson are all "deep", YET THE DEFEND NATIONAL CHAMPION ISN'T?

If you want to list the consistantly good teams it'd be like this (bold being the top teams in the country);

Big Ten (7)
Michigan
OSU
Iowa
Purdue
Penn St.
Wisci
Minni

Big XII (5):
Oklahoma
Texas
Nebraska
KState
Missouri (I'll give you guys them)

SEC (8):
LSU
Jawja
Tennessee
Auburn
Florida
Bama
Ole Miss
Arkansas

ACC (5):
FSU
Miami
Clemson
MD, VTech, and UVA all combnine for 2

Old 06-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #40
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Can't go wrong with the SEC, ACC, or Big 12.

As we all know all the three conferences have their greats at the top(OU, NU, LSU, UGA, Miami, FSU) but since we're talking competetive...

Bottom of the Big 12: Texas Tech(below average normally) ,Iowa State(Nothing since Troy Davis), Kansas(1 good year in about 20 years), Baylor(easily the worst BCS team)

Bottom of the SEC: Bama(due to the 4-9 effort; but it is Alabama and we do have an easy schedule this yr), Vandy(may very well win 3 SEC games this yr with all their experience EVERYWHERE), MSU(Croom is a good coach but MSU will have another losing season), Kentucky( could possibly win 2 or more SEC games, but I doubt it)

Bottom of the ACC: Tech( You will be eaten alive by the big dogs in this conference), Maryland(let's face it, you've had 2 or 3 good years since 1990), Duke(uhh..well...you did win a game last year...maybe you'll win one this year), UNC( 2-10 sounds about right for this year)

**Note: Arkansas will replace Bama as the bad year for a powerhouse this year in the SEC due to the loss of all but 4 of your starters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »