Home

NCAA 2016 on ps2

This is a discussion on NCAA 2016 on ps2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #17
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2016 on ps2

All in to help if necessary Gap. In my spare time this coming week I'm going to take a look at what I can find out about hex editing, and editing with the PS2 in general. Personally, I want to find either a Max Drive or the software for download (found the software, we'll see if it lets me download), before all out committing to anything in this project haha.

However, if you do get this rolling, I can get you templates/depth charts, whatever you need for your use from the PS3 2015 roster project (which I am part of). I can only imagine starting a dynasty on NCAA 06 with 2015 rosters!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:23 PM   #18
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Sweet. Really I'm all about someone just experimenting and testing what all can be achieved. I'm confident the small stuff can be done, but really what I'm after is validation before I commit so much time into this. It would really suck for me to do all of this extensive work to find out there are major problems or we cannot do things we thought were possible. Just want to cover myself is all really. I'm really excited about doing this. Really I think playing with current rosters on what many of us believe is the best rendition of the series just sounds amazing and like endless fun.

I have started a few teams already. I'm making a conscious effort to create the players by their eligibility opposed to focusing on duplicate jersey numbers. I figure the less I leave the guy doing the edits in terms of adjusting eligibility of remaining players will save whomever the serious headache when the time comes. I'm making sure to set the depth charts afterwards, my only concern is with switching so many guys positions that the guys whom are not cracking the DC end up out of position through a few years into dynasty simulation. Either way I'm excited to get the ball rolling and to find out what all is possible!
Old 05-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm happy to help test! I love the old NCAA ps2 games and have a lot of experience hacking around on madden for pc as well as porting madden pc rosters to ps2. I wish I could volunteer more time than just testing rosters but I have some growing obligations irl .
Old 05-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #20
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

It would be absolutely awesome to see a handful of you guys pull together and technically create an updated 06. Just updating the roster would really bring new life to the game.

From what time I have spent editing, I can tell you that editing a game in general is not for the faint of heart.

Good luck and God speed to all of you who will take on that challenge.

Thankfully with the PSX2 emulator, stuff like this is possible.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

So are you going to edit 06 or 09? Kind of confused which game everyone decided to edit rosters for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 12:42 AM   #22
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

I'm making a current roster for 06. I'm looking for anyone who knows how to use a hex editor or who knows how to do any modding. I'd like to know what all is possible before devoting a serious amount of time into this project. Any help in this area would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

You should think of overrating the good/Top teams a bit. NCAA 06's sim engine gives way to alot of upsets, and too many losses for good teams. I think this might be a problem with stock rosters, as thats all i've ever used. Maybe edited rosters would produce better more realistic results.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #24
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

I found a guy over on footballidiot who is working with modding 06. He is primarily working on importing uniforms, but I convinced him to experiment with editing the default 06 roster. He is going to test out duplicate numbers and player eligibility which would be a huge step for getting a current roster done for 06. Hopefully I hear from him soon and am able to get an update. Until then I will continue edit the roster project.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »