Home

Need Help.... Xbox Live

This is a discussion on Need Help.... Xbox Live within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2004, 05:36 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Need Help.... Xbox Live

When you connected to your internet and you got a connection was your Ethernet cable plugged into one of the slots when you were getting your internet to work? cause If you didn't have the ethernet cord in one of the slots while hooking the router up your live will not work.

So if thats the case you are going to have to unplug your DSL/Cable modem as well as your router plug in all the ethernet cords. shut down your computer while everything is off. Wait for about 10 secs then start the Computer and plug back in your DSL/Cable modem, then plug in your Router and let the computer load and that should work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 06:04 PM   #42
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

TheTruth916 said:
When you connected to your internet and you got a connection was your Ethernet cable plugged into one of the slots when you were getting your internet to work? cause If you didn't have the ethernet cord in one of the slots while hooking the router up your live will not work.

So if thats the case you are going to have to unplug your DSL/Cable modem as well as your router plug in all the ethernet cords. shut down your computer while everything is off. Wait for about 10 secs then start the Computer and plug back in your DSL/Cable modem, then plug in your Router and let the computer load and that should work.

Say what.....that some new Voo Doo method? I had him cycle his router and modem already there is no need to shut down any of the computers. Maybe you dont understand his configuration?
Old 06-17-2004, 06:22 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 21

No thats what I had to do to get mine to work. When I hooked my new router Up i was having the same problem. I wasn't getting any Live so i called for help. And I found out that when i hooked up the router I never plugged in the Ethernet Cable for the xbox to the router.

So I was told you un-plug the DSL/Cable modem to shut it down so it can reboot and I was told to do the same with both the CPU and the router and then plug in the ethernet cable from the xbox to the router and then start up everything. So I did and it rebooted everything and to me it worked.

So no voo Doo or anything thats just how mine was so I was just thought it might be like mine oh well.

I went through the DHCP and the Static. He might have a problem with the DNS Server.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:46 PM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I have the same D-Link router and all I did was hook the XBOX to it and it worked fine?.??.?.?
Old 06-17-2004, 06:57 PM   #45
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

I suggested to him to try an older version of the firmware, maybe something went wacko when it was upgraded originally. Xbox site shows three different ones that are compatable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 12:26 AM   #46
Rookie

tarheeljake's Arena

OVR: 2

Alright guys after hours and hours me and ochoco finally figured it out....

Thank you so much for helping me guys, i was about to give up on the whole xbox live dealio but now ive got new hope....

THANKS ALOT!!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #47
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

and your solution was????
Old 06-18-2004, 12:34 AM   #48
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

I think his Firmware was wacked out some how. Even though he had reapplied the same one once already it didn't work until we applied an older one, cycled, then applied the new one again and cycled.

Cant say for sure but I know I hate his model of router now, mk thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »