Home

New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com

This is a discussion on New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Well I technically don't recommend any playbook. I always create my own. By creating a profile you can create your own playbook and pick 9 of your favorite formations.

Thankfully, no team has any special plays that you would miss out. Any team playbooks that have ace normal will all have the same plays for that formation as any other team with it.

Normally when I want to run a balanced offense like you want, I try to have and equal mix of Ace, I, and Gun.

If you only want I and Gun Formations, here are my favorites from those groups. I will pick 9 since that is the most formations you can have in your playbook. These formations have a lot of good plays that I love to use
  1. I-Normal
  2. I-Twins
  3. I-Slot
  4. Strong I-Normal
  5. Gun - Split
  6. Gun - Y Trips
  7. Gun - Normal
  8. Gun - Spread
  9. Gun - Trips
Now obviously I did not cover the concepts that work well for me from those formations but this gives you asked for at least.

I will eventually cover specific offensive systems that have worked well for me on the blog.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Vol, I just started playing this game again a few months ago and I completely forgot that I could build my own playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #26
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

This may be the place to post this...

but I LOVE NCAA 06, still nothing better for college football as far as I am concerned. I want to get name rosters back on my xbox in the worst way, but I can't find my action replay and buying one seems to be an expensive prospect.

Will this cord allow me to upload roster files from a usb to my xbox?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20

Are there any other ways that may be easier?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #27
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
This may be the place to post this...

but I LOVE NCAA 06, still nothing better for college football as far as I am concerned. I want to get name rosters back on my xbox in the worst way, but I can't find my action replay and buying one seems to be an expensive prospect.

Will this cord allow me to upload roster files from a usb to my xbox?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20

Are there any other ways that may be easier?
I'm honestly not all that familiar with XBOX and how one can transfer files and such so I don't have an answer for you there.

You did give me an idea to add a "Resources" page where I give my recommendations on different things to enhance your 06 experience. Little things like cords, adapters, and converters, stuff like that.

One day I will buy an XBOX and 06 with it just for the site where I can have the rosters for people to use.

Do some research on how to transfer files via usb with an XBOX and let me know what you find.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
I'm honestly not all that familiar with XBOX and how one can transfer files and such so I don't have an answer for you there.

You did give me an idea to add a "Resources" page where I give my recommendations on different things to enhance your 06 experience. Little things like cords, adapters, and converters, stuff like that.

One day I will buy an XBOX and 06 with it just for the site where I can have the rosters for people to use.

Do some research on how to transfer files via usb with an XBOX and let me know what you find.
I had ncaa 14 at one point so I already knew how it played. I bought ncaa 06 and I'm surprised how solid of a game it is at heisman level. I was already blowing out the cpu on all-american with my defense but was a much better challenge on heisman. Now my only issue is the kicking game which I need to get used to because right now I'm horrible lol
Old 05-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #29
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
I had ncaa 14 at one point so I already knew how it played. I bought ncaa 06 and I'm surprised how solid of a game it is at heisman level. I was already blowing out the cpu on all-american with my defense but was a much better challenge on heisman. Now my only issue is the kicking game which I need to get used to because right now I'm horrible lol
Dude, my biggest weakness in that game is kicking too lol. It's hard stuff and you gotta be quick. I have great strategies for special teams but actually kicking the ball can be a nightmare for me.

I always suggest to people to figure out a way to get to Heisman difficulty on default sliders. I feel the game was meant to be played on that level when you include all the great strategies.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #30
Rookie

Ive had a long running dynasty with Florida that I just started back up a couple months ago. I run alot of shotgun with quick throws and speed option.

So I decide last night to start a new dynasty. I moved Georgia Southern into the Sun Belt Conference. I would like to build them into a power run team, so my playbook has a lot of I formation and single back sets.
My problem is, Im not able to run between the tackles at all. Even against the weaker schools in the conference. Im hoping that by recruiting big, run block o-lineman will help. But even against FIU last night, I could only manage 12 yards on 9 carries between the tackles.

Any help?
Old 05-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #31
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWKemp
Ive had a long running dynasty with Florida that I just started back up a couple months ago. I run alot of shotgun with quick throws and speed option.

So I decide last night to start a new dynasty. I moved Georgia Southern into the Sun Belt Conference. I would like to build them into a power run team, so my playbook has a lot of I formation and single back sets.
My problem is, Im not able to run between the tackles at all. Even against the weaker schools in the conference. Im hoping that by recruiting big, run block o-lineman will help. But even against FIU last night, I could only manage 12 yards on 9 carries between the tackles.

Any help?
First, read my post on "The Anatomy of a Run Play" if you haven't already. There I mention that against zone you will have chances to run between the tackles. Even against man it is possible to run between the tackles if the holes are there, but still much easier against zone.

I am assuming you won't be optioning much from under center which is fine, you don't need it. I am also assuming that you are running a pro style offense in nature. Since you are running out of I (straight-I is best, strong-I fun too) and Ace formations, I suggest your running game consists of HB Slam, HB Tackle, Dive/Iso, FB Dive, HB Sting, and Power/HB Option.

Now some College and NFL teams don't use these many concepts so rejoice! You will have a much more sophisticated run game than some of those teams. Pick and choose which ones you like or use them all. They have my stamp of approval.

HB Slam: my favorite under center run concept: It is quick hitting and the timing of the ball exchange is perfect for holes to open up when your HB gets the ball. This play allows you to take inside or outside.

HB Tackle: You might think this is a pure outside play but against zone there are opportunities to cut it back inside. Fun stuff when you do this.

HB Dive/Iso: Your HB gets the ball pretty quickly here and you don't have as much freedom to bounce it to the outside if you need you. But obviously this is meant to be ran inside. Great against a zone and against a 3-4 defense.

FB Dive: Maybe the most underrated under center run concept in 06. It is quick hitting and can taken to outside against man with possible holes opened up for you between the tackles against zone. If you don't have a decent running FB but maybe a good backup HB then use the Twin HB sub package.

HB Sting: This is similar to the HB Slam but you will only see it in your 3-wide Ace formations. It is a little more slow developing than the Slam but still effective.

Power/HB Option: Now I just told you that you don't need any option stuff but you can you the basic power/HB option as a toss play. I will cover this in my next post so watch out for it. Basically once you QB start running with your HB after his 240 degree turn or his big step back (depending on the option play) then pitch it immediately.

Don't worry if you don't understand this now. Hopefully my post on this, along with some images, will describe this easier.

-

With regards to recruiting the OLine, I always get the biggest, tallest, strongest guys I can find. Size does matter in 06 unlike the PS3/360 games. I once created a DE with a 99 in everything but I made him the smallest guy you can create. I threw him in practice mode and he couldn't do anything against my OLine because he was so small. So find the biggest maulers you can find.

How do you like to use your tight ends in your offense? You can go different ways with them in terms of recruiting. These guys are very important to your run game, especially with what you are trying to do.

I hope this helps and please, you can comment on my site. It helps everyone if we can get a good discussion going on there.

Last edited by volwalker; 05-15-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #32
Rookie

Thanks Vol, yes Ive read the blogs, and they are very helpful. I never knew to watch the corners breaking the huddle.
Those are the run plays I have been using, and it has really helped knowing whether the D is in man or zone. I have been able to bounce many plays outside for big gaines.
I will continue to pound the ball between the tackles when the D is in zone and see I can improve.

I will also comment on the site.

Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »