Home

New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com

This is a discussion on New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #433
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
There are opportunities for user controlled coaches to receive better offers or contract extensions, but not for computer controlled teams.

Also, user controlled teams can receive invites to other conferences or be demoted.

I can attest to the receiving offers to join a different conference as I’ve actually had it happen a few times. I’ve always just stayed with the school I started with. I’d trade San Jose State for an FCS squad and build up said FCS squad and try and work my way up the CFB ladder so to speak

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

FIFA 15 Manager Mode with Real Betis

NCAA 13 Dynasty with Arkansas State

NCAA 13 Dynasty with Texas State
Old 02-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #434
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I decided to a start a dynasty with SMU and, wow! I forgot how awesome this game is.

I opened up the season beating Baylor at home 17-7 and followed that by taking the Iron Skillet from TCU 20-17, which topped number 1 on greatest games list. I started thinking: "man, I could run the table". So I took my 2-0 record to College Station only to be pummeled 49-14 by A&M! They were just on a totally different level.

Anyway, I have the top preseason QB listing me at #1, which is awesome considering I threw 25% of my points at him. Next up: Tulane on regional broadcast haha!
Old 03-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #435
Pro

esayem's Arena

First season I finished 10-2 with a victory over Kent State in the GMAC Bowl in Mobile. I lost my second game to Houston, who won C-USA West and then lost to Southern Miss in the conference championship. I secured a top 11 QB, Reggie Daniel, who now starts as a true frosh. During the offseason I turned down gigs from Washington (!) and North Texas and accepted a 4-year extension from SMU. I felt I had more to prove and wanted to coach Daniel and a few good linebackers that are coming in as well.

Season 2 started off with a bang as I upset Texas Tech on the road in a nail-biter. They stole a 6'7 LB from me that started and was an absolute monster. I then thumped North Texas who was coming off an upset of Texas. Up next: a road trip to the Big Easy to face .500 Tulane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #436
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
As a veteran player, I can see how the deep ball can be abused, but watching college football today, teams are connecting on the deep ball all the time so that's sort of my justification for it lol. Every NCAA game has at least on major flaw to it and I guess the deep ball is it for 06. I would be more upset if I was connecting on every deep ball but I'm nowhere near close to that. I connect on roughly 50-60% of them.
If I recall correctly, kick returns were ridiculously easy in NCAA 06. I played AA mode. I would have to look back at the stats from my dynasty to be sure. I do know that the CPU deep ball was easy to complete (against me) and the CPU once threw a bomb for a TD on third and 10 late in a game while winning by 21 points. That was the day I turned off NCAA 06 in year 3 of my dynasty and decided to make it a Madden year.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:23 AM   #437
Banned

Congratulations for the new blog.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:08 AM   #438
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkelly
Congratulations for the new blog.
I guess my three year old blog is still considered new lol. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #439
Pro

esayem's Arena

Well, I finished undefeated at SMU in my second season with Frosh phenom, Reggie Daniel at the helm. I decided to implement some option in the Balanced Run offense and it paid off. I was shut out of the BCS (a major controversy in this alternate universe), and beat Utah in the Liberty Bowl.

After the season I had offers from Texas and Michigan. I almost took the Texas job, but I just couldn't. I created two assistant coaches and haven't assigned them to a team yet. Basically, if the right job pops up I'll take it, then assign one of my assistants the SMU job!

We can also make our own coaching carousel in this game by editing computer coaches before the season. For instance, I turned Army into a Flexbone, run-heavy offense because they were running Pro-style when this game came out–a major mistake by the Academy.

I'm halfway through my third season (6-0) and after pummeling an evenly matched TCU team for the Iron Skillet in Ft. Worth, I checked see what level I was playing on and it was only Varsity. Despite having some close games, I felt like I could "turn it on" at any moment and win the game. I upped the level to All-American and I'm down 21-7 to Tulsa (6-1) at the half. Their offense is much better, and I'm loving it! I'm glad I got up to speed on the game with Varsity, but this is much more fun and realistic. My defense was way too dominating before and the CPU offense seemed inept.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #440
Pro

parent22's Arena

Wow, I never figured out how to rebuild teams so fast!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »