Home

Coaches retiring in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Coaches retiring in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5
Coaches retiring in Dynasty

I was about to start a dynasty with South Carolina but I'm worried that Steve Spurrier might retire if I get deep into it. I wanted to know if he was to retire after say like year 5 do I get to continue at South Carolina? How does this work am I allowed to say that I don't want to retire? And can I continue as the head coach at South Carolina with Spurrier's successor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Coaches retiring in Dynasty

If you're saying that you're going to play as Spurrier (as opposed to being a coordinator under Spurrier) then I"m almost positive that USER coaches never retire.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

this is correct, I took a User Coach to the ripe old age of 88
Old 06-15-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
this is correct, I took a User Coach to the ripe old age of 88
Did it actually say that he was 88 though? I've noticed that for coaches the max age is I think 67 or 68, and then if they exceed that it turns them into like a 22 year old coach. I've seen this happen with older coaches that don't retire at 68 in game
Old 06-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Did it actually say that he was 88 though? I've noticed that for coaches the max age is I think 67 or 68, and then if they exceed that it turns them into like a 22 year old coach. I've seen this happen with older coaches that don't retire at 68 in game
The oldest you can edit your coach to be is 68. However, the game continues to track a coach's age past 68. For example, if a clay retires 3 years after he is 68, the game will show the coach retiring at 71.

But if you want to edit a coach who is older than 68, his age will revert back to 22, the youngest age that you can set your coach to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
As ZN said, the game rolls the score back over to 22 in the view, but it still keeps track of their actual age. Steve Spurrier just retired in my game @ the age of 73.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

I think you're only allowed to edit coaches to be 22-67, but I've seen coaches retire as late as age 78
Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #8
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

well that's interesting. I've always edited those coaches to be 68 again to ensure they weren't being "reset" and then have one of the older coaches coach till they're like 100 (because the game sees them as 52). When I do edit those coaches back to 68 they almost always retire the next offseason.

For instance in year like 2022 or so in my recent dynasty Saban was reverted back to 22 in the edit screen. I edited him to be 68 again and in the offseason he retired. This has happened about 4 times already in this dynasty.

I first discovered this with Mack Brown from Texas. Since he retired in real life I wanted him to retire in my dynasty (I've had this one going for a while) so I went to edit him and noticed the game reset his age to 22. I assumed this was a glitch so when I put him back to 68 he retired that offseason. Interesting that the game does in fact keep track for longer, yet still seems to "force retire" if you edit a coach to the max age that the user is able to

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »