Home

X-Box slowdown concerns

This is a discussion on X-Box slowdown concerns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2004, 10:33 AM   #17
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: X-Box slowdown concerns

Quote:

Clay OS
Unless you've physically played a more recent version of the Xbox release than our Staff played at E3, than you have no idea what you're talking about. There was a clear slowdown on the Xbox version noted by our Staff. That's physical contact...unless you've played a more recent version...you are the one speaking out of turn.

I think he is talking about 2004. There is no way he has played it over 100+ times.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:36 AM   #18
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

xboxfever said:
Quote:

Clay OS
Unless you've physically played a more recent version of the Xbox release than our Staff played at E3, than you have no idea what you're talking about. There was a clear slowdown on the Xbox version noted by our Staff. That's physical contact...unless you've played a more recent version...you are the one speaking out of turn.

I think he is talking about 2004. There is no way he has played it over 100+ times.

No, he is saying that this year's won't exist because it didn't last year.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Whatever the problem is, EA better get on the ball and fix it. If they think they got a ton of flack for the NCAA draft file not working in Madden last yr, wait till this yr if xbox has major slowdown problems and ps2 runs fine. A lot of people will be pissed if they have to delay the release of xbox by a couple of weeks while ps2 and gamecube are out. I have faith the problem has been addressed and will be fixed by release if not
Old 06-23-2004, 11:08 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

actually i was trying to gauge you perceptions based on your take of last years game. i haven't played 2005 yet. if you had said that you noticed the xbox playing slower than the ps2 version last year, well i would disagree. and it would affect how much credence i put into what you have to say about this years version. if you're talking about a xbox version from 2004 to 2005, i'll wait until i play 2005 to let you know what i think about that. my gut feeling leads me to be skeptikal of its existence though. but a gut feeling really is nothing more than that. we'll see...
Old 06-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #21
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

The bottomline is that it was present in the E3 build. However, noone will know ANYTHING until it hits the shelves in three weeks. There is no good reason to argue it one way or the other.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

"We won't know until we get our beta. If we had our beta, we could calm your fears. Once EA sends the beta to us, we'll immediately investigate the speed issue, and let you know. With the beta, we can tell you for sure it's fixed.

Until then, CANCEL YOUR PREORDER! BUY ESPN!!!!!!!"
Old 06-23-2004, 11:17 AM   #23
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

fsquid said:
"We won't know until we get our beta. If we had our beta, we could calm your fears. Once EA sends the beta to us, we'll immediately investigate the speed issue, and let you know. With the beta, we can tell you for sure it's fixed.

Until then, CANCEL YOUR PREORDER! BUY ESPN!!!!!!!"

Old 06-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #24
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

i've seen all the the vids & never noticed this phantom slowdown. sounds like a SEGA fanboy prophecy to me......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »