Home

X-Box slowdown concerns

This is a discussion on X-Box slowdown concerns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2004, 11:25 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: X-Box slowdown concerns

Quote:

WIAggie said:
i've seen all the the vids & never noticed this phantom slowdown. sounds like a SEGA fanboy prophecy to me......

Well then you are in the minority. I've seen it, and I'm no SEGA fanboy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2004, 11:26 AM   #26
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

WIAggie said:
i've seen all the the vids & never noticed this phantom slowdown. sounds like a SEGA fanboy prophecy to me......

Keep it up. First and final warning.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #27

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Stab,

People are baseing the slowdown concern by watching the full game videos of the XBOX version and by reports from E3.

SInce most of us played many, many games of NCAA 2004..the concern is legit based on what we have seen thus far from ver y recent full game videos off IGN.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:45 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

so basically you played the game at e3 and feel that it was slower than 2004? without having the game side by side. i'll choose to remain skeptical since i've talked to many people who also played it at e3 and said wasn't present. as far as, being offended by by self-fullfilling prophecy accusations, try not to be its natuaral, most people do it one way or another... unless you're aware of that certain aspect of psychology as i am. its a valid question. did the people complaining go into e3 looking for flaws, are the people saying its fine blind to any flaw. i guess it may be a glass half full glass half empty thing. i suspect its much more fun seeing it half full. but thats JUST MY OPINION...
Old 06-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #29
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

stabmasterb said:
so basically you played the game at e3 and feel that it was slower than 2004? without having the game side by side. i'll choose to remain skeptical since i've talked to many people who also played it at e3 and said wasn't present. as far as, being offended by by self-fullfilling prophecy accusations, try not to be its natuaral, most people do it one way or another... unless you're aware of that certain aspect of psychology as i am. its a valid question. did the people complaining go into e3 looking for flaws, are the people saying its fine blind to any flaw. i guess it may be a glass half full glass half empty thing. i suspect its much more fun seeing it half full. but thats JUST MY OPINION...

85% of that post made no sense, but it clearly made you happy.

Again...noone knows until they have the game in 3 weeks what the speed of the final version will be. The E3 builds were slow.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

stabmasterb said:

Old 06-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was thinking about getting an X-Box with the Big 3 football games coming out soon, but after reading this thread and checking out the videos of NCAA, there seems to be significant slowdown in the running game. Before I consider purchasing an X-Box, I would need to know for sure that this problem has been resolved. I remember I borrowed my friend's X-Box when last year's NBA Live came out, and there was so much slowdown on that game that it made it absolutely no fun to play. I thought maybe the game was scratched since I rented it, but I found out that other people were having these problems as well.

So I guess what I'm asking is, is this a common occurence with X-Box sports games? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

WIAggie said:

SEGA doesn't even have an NCAA game!! How can you be a fanboy of a product that doesn't exist??

Seriously, wait until we get the beta and we will investigate this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »